Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I agree that the iraq war was not justified, but i think others, like WW2 were.
    Yea... good one. Because everyone except for the Germans and the Japanese had a really hard decision to make: to fight or not to fight. WW2 was forced unto the countries, which fought it. Iraq wasn't. In Iraq, the Iraqi people were forced to defend themselves, not the other way round.

ReputationRep:
    edders, why has every post by H&E been deleted? especially as her quoted remarks seem perfectly acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    edders, why has every post by H&E been deleted? especially as her quoted remarks seem perfectly acceptable.
    one might have been quoting that link.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    H&E is a HE btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    Because they were full of swearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    H&E is a HE btw
    must be that avatar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    must be that avatar
    Pas de probleme mon petit chou!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I hope one day they realise fully the implications of what they did, and they have to live with that thought, I hope it drives them insane.
    I think to do something so disgusting they're very very sick people already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I saw the beginning on the news, they make him talk, then pull out a huge knife and push him over. Pissed me off :mad:
    Why are they showing this on the news?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    This really did upset me:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3705409.stm

What can we do? I can't believe we are all doing this to each other.

<is feeling very emotional at the moment>
    Its just horrible. I cant believe that this is actually happening. I think this guy wasnt even a soldier, just a random contractor repairing telephone masts. The worst thing is that they promised more killings.

Chiiling stuff to see someone hate a group so much they would cut of some random guys head and show it to everyone.
    I think we underestimate how much trouble we are in at the moment. We need to pull our troops out and let the UN sort it out.

ReputationRep:
    thats pretty sad, beheading is terrible, yet again how do we know if he was american, who really was behind that mask, questions which cannot be answered.

(Original post by Babygal)
    thats pretty sad, beheading is terrible, yet again how do we know if he was american, who really was behind that mask, questions which cannot be answered.
    It never ceases to amaze me how so-called "moderate" Muslims attempt to excuse, justify, or deny Islamic savagery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big P)
    Its just horrible. I cant believe that this is actually happening. I think this guy wasnt even a soldier, just a random contractor repairing telephone masts. The worst thing is that they promised more killings.

Chiiling stuff to see someone hate a group so much they would cut of some random guys head and show it to everyone.
    I think we underestimate how much trouble we are in at the moment. We need to pull our troops out and let the UN sort it out.
    Oh yea? And who started the whole thing in the first place. If you come and bomb the country to bits, then occupy it for months, pumping its oil, then it's your job to restore peace and sort it out. You can't just turn up, get the oil and then leave the sorting out to the UN. Why should other countries pay for US and British exploits?

ReputationRep:
    and I'm not Muslim, so don't go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I can't find the words to describe how horrible it is.
    I think "OUUUCCCCCCCCCHHHHHH!" sums it up.

But can you say that you diddnt expect retaliation? I mean if I was an Iraqi rebel who was an american enemy and i saw those pictures of how my friends were being treated id be pretty angry too. Still, no reason to chop the guys head off!

ReputationRep:
    Yes....ive been anti-war all along and ive always said that the US should go it alone after they went into war without the UN.
    But its come to a point that we cant do anything there now that those pictures came out. We cant help them if they abduct people and kill them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I think "OUUUCCCCCCCCCHHHHHH!" sums it up.

But can you say that you diddnt expect retaliation? I mean if I was an Iraqi rebel who was an american enemy and i saw those pictures of how my friends were being treated id be pretty angry too. Still, no reason to chop the guys head off!
    Insensitive? (No offence intended btw)

ReputationRep:
    Im afraid in the end Bush's answer might be...

Lake Iraq.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Not a chance I can watch that video. Reading that article has just crushed me. To acknowledge that something like that could happen just breaks me. Those people are so low. Ignorance does not exist in that situation, they are fully responsible for one of the most disgusting, dispicable acts I could imagine. I hope one day they realise fully the implications of what they did, and they have to live with that thought, I hope it drives them insane.
    Exactly. I don't particularly want this to spiral into a debate about whether we should have gone to Iraq or not, although I understand that trying to account for these actions inevitable includes pinpointing the causes. I just can't believe people would do that to other people.

Is it bad that I can "understand" bombings, but not this kind of thing? After all, bombs kill more people. I didn't feel as sick when I saw the story that was right next to it about an Iraqi girl being killed. What does that make me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Insensitive? (No offence intended btw)
    No i was in character. Exploring both sides.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.