Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I keep focused and motivated when writng my book? watch

ReputationRep:
    How can I keep focused and motivated when writng my book?

I am a big procrastinator. How can I make myself concentrate?
    This is also valid for studying but its even worse when I am trying to write.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I knew, I write one chapter then stop every time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Google the 'Pomodoro method' - it's pretty useful for getting through difficult tasks!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Haha welcome the world of being a writer. Procrastination is the writer's curse.

Why writers are the worst procrastinators.

There are plenty of downloadable programmes which can temporarily block distracting websites whilst you're busy writing. Myself I'm on a Mac so often use SelfControl but if you're on a PC you could try many others.

Focus Filter might be worth a try, or just google and see if there are any others you prefer.

But if you really can't beat the procrastination, know that you're in good company

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.