The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Quady
Who is going to buy the houses if the 'upcoming generation' can't?

Have you heard of the self-defeating government scheme "Right to Buy?"

When boom turns to bust, house prices will fall slightly, which means that young people will be able to secure a mortgage but will be burdened with a huge debt and bad economic conditions.

The only way to end the artificial boom and bust cycle is to separate money from debt.
(edited 9 years ago)
This is why. You know Hitler bypassed Jewish finance and began state created money and look what happened to him.Gadaffi was creating a new currency which is why America took him out.
Reply 62
Original post by Quady
Really?

My pound coin in my pocket, where is the corresponding debt?

In your income tax and in the price of consumer goods.
Reply 63
Original post by Polymath0
In your income tax and in the price of consumer goods.

Neither of those of debts, income tax can be 0% and 'consumer goods' could mean anything - I've been paid to take consumer goods away before.
Reply 64
Have you heard of the self-defeating government scheme "Right to Buy?"

When boom turns to bust, house prices will fall slightly, which means that young people will be able to secure a mortgage but will be burdened with a huge debt and bad economic conditions.

The only way to end the artificial boom and bust cycle is to separate money from debt.

How many people use right to buy these days? :s-smilie:

So young people cannot secure a mortgage these days? (what do you classify as young btw?)
Reply 65
Original post by MrNotorious
This is why. You know Hitler bypassed Jewish finance and began state created money and look what happened to him.Gadaffi was creating a new currency which is why America took him out.

Indeed. It is rather fustrating that most people have no idea about this.
Reply 66
Original post by Quady
Neither of those of debts, income tax can be 0% and 'consumer goods' could mean anything - I've been paid to take consumer goods away before.

The only reason you pay the income tax is because the government needlessly borrows money from a private banking cartel.

I have no idea what your last statement means, but it's probably irrelevant.
Reply 67
Original post by will2348
But you do realise it would be very difficult for anyone ever to get a mortgage/loan if we went back to that system? And it would slow growth and progress down immensely probably causing a severe recession. And savers money is use to finance loans, but because of the reserve ratio, it causes a money multiplier effect. Which hence leads to faster growth thanks to freely available credit which is critical in any developed economy.

The money multiplier concept has been disproven by the Bank of England itself, as well as by numerous Central Bankers, including the previous one in the UK.
If you can't meaningfully engage with this fact, I'm speaking to a brick wall.

What do you want me to address about the debt? I don't see the problem with it? You pay interest for the risk and time value of the money - the money is not literally issued out of thin air, it's based on underlying deposits, just at a certain reserve ratio.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The government borrows with interest. There is no need for this.
Reply 68
Original post by Quady
How many people use right to buy these days? :s-smilie:

So young people cannot secure a mortgage these days? (what do you classify as young btw?)

I won't be sidetracked. Stay on topic. If you see a flaw in the proposal, indicate it.
Reply 69
The only reason you pay the income tax is because the government needlessly borrows money from a private banking cartel.

I have no idea what your last statement means, but it's probably irrelevant.

No, there is income tax to pay for things it buys, it only borrows from a private banking cartel when it wants to spend more than it wants to tax.

It was a little, I've just no idea how 'consumer good's' can be a debt :s-smilie:
Reply 70
I won't be sidetracked. Stay on topic. If you see a flaw in the proposal, indicate it.

You sidetracked yourself. Not my fault if you sidetrack yourself with gibberish like 'the young can't afford to buy homes' - absolute junk.

There isn't a flaw as long as people maintain confidence in the currency.
quantitative easing?
Reply 72
The government borrows with interest. There is no need for this.

But pensioners would be sad if they didn't.
Reply 73
Original post by German123

I have always thought about this question (Have not read allof this btw) but the simple answer is inflation. There is more stuff other thanthat but I think inflation is one of the reasons.

It's not true. This is blatant propaganda by the mainstream. Money creation can't automatically lead to an inflation of prices if it is created in line with rates of inflation, at the same pace as private loans are being repaid (under a full reserve system, of course.)
Reply 74
Original post by Quady
No, there is income tax to pay for things it buys, it only borrows from a private banking cartel when it wants to spend more than it wants to tax.

If the government wants to borrow more than its tax reciept intake, who foots the bill? The taxpayer.

The entire system is a scam. And the majority of people are too economically illiterate to realise it, unfortunately.
Reply 75
Original post by TheTechN1304
quantitative easing?

shhhhhhhhhhhh!

Stop pointing out inconvenient truths....
Reply 76
Original post by Quady
You sidetracked yourself. Not my fault if you sidetrack yourself with gibberish like 'the young can't afford to buy homes' - absolute junk.

1. Emotional response.
2. No evidence.
3. Not relevant to the thread, which is specifically about the monetary system.

There isn't a flaw as long as people maintain confidence in the currency.

A flaw in the debt-free monetary system, silly.
But I don't think you actually know what you're talking about half the time. You're all over the place.
Reply 77
If the government wants to borrow more than its tax reciept intake, who foots the bill? The taxpayer.

The entire system is a scam. And the majority of people are too economically illiterate to realise it, unfortunately.

The government enacts the will of the people. If borrowing causes tax to rise more quickly than it does interest the people reap the reward.

But you are cleverer and more better informed fortunately.
Reply 78
1. Emotional response.
2. No evidence.
3. Not relevant to the thread, which is specifically about the monetary system.

A flaw in the debt-free monetary system, silly.
But I don't think you actually know what you're talking about half the time. You're all over the place.

1) Yes
2) Well I'm young and bought my place
3) You brought housing for the young into this thread, not me

Yes, it is a flaw.
If you say so.
Reply 79
For the edification of newcomers, I'll repeat once again.

The Bank of England itself has already released a document titled "Money Creation in the Modern Economy." The government mints the coins which amount to 3% of the entire supply of money. 97% of the money supply is created by the private banking cartel out of thin air, to the detriment of the public interest.
Our taxes pay the interest on the public debt, our purchasing power is reduced through the servicing of loans and interest is embedded in the price of commodities.

The government can issue its own sovereign currency for productive uses and abolish the income tax. I urge you to check out the Positive Money website online, a think tank and campaign group based in the UK. Also, I'd strongly recommend reading articles and books by Ellen Brown.

Latest

Trending

Trending