The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm currently doing GCSEs and would love to aim for an A* in all my subjects! I don't know if that would count as a proper goal though? If not then I want to work really hard for A*s in French and Computing as I find them both really difficult and teaching problems in year 10 left me with only a C in computing? I'm hoping to get my mock results for these subjects soon though. But I'd love to set up a blog it's such a great idea for motivation?
Hi,I'm aiming for all A's in my national 5s this year. I've taken Maths,English,The Sciences,Graph Com and Modern Studies.
Modern Studies is currently my biggest challenge as I can't write fast enough to answer even half the paper😩any help with speed writing would be appreciated!! Also tips on how to actually study(all sciences especially) thanks!
:banana: Make sure you all check out the discussion thread here too guys, you can talk more about what to include in your blog and get ideas, as well as chat with other entrants :banana:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 103
Hi, I'd like to enter... My goals are to achieve an A* in English Lit, and an A* in Sociology (My grades are currently around a B for both..) I'm aiming for grades high enough to give me a better chance at a schol. from Uni of Westminster, I'm guessing I have a bit of a way to go :frown:
I would definitely like to get involved!

I would like to achieve A* in psychology A2 (got an A in AS)

A in biology (D in AS, flopped isa)
A in chemistry (d in as)

Any additional advice would be really good. What would I need to do to join
Reply 105
Working my ass off this year to get A*'s in chem and english and A's in bio and math >.<
ANYYY TIPS ESP ON BIO UNIT 5 FOR OCR and CHEM FOR AQA UNIT 5 WOULD BE APPRECIATED MASSIVELLYYYYY!!!!!
Original post by GabbyD
Hi, I'd like to enter... My goals are to achieve an A* in English Lit, and an A* in Sociology (My grades are currently around a B for both..) I'm aiming for grades high enough to give me a better chance at a schol. from Uni of Westminster, I'm guessing I have a bit of a way to go :frown:

Original post by Appiagyei_Maddie
I would definitely like to get involved!

I would like to achieve A* in psychology A2 (got an A in AS)

A in biology (D in AS, flopped isa)
A in chemistry (d in as)

Any additional advice would be really good. What would I need to do to join

Original post by achuo
Working my ass off this year to get A*'s in chem and english and A's in bio and math >.<
ANYYY TIPS ESP ON BIO UNIT 5 FOR OCR and CHEM FOR AQA UNIT 5 WOULD BE APPRECIATED MASSIVELLYYYYY!!!!!

Awesome that you want to take part! Puddles will PM you probably on Monday regarding verifying your grades! However, in the mean time, feel free to start a blog!
can you be doing your gcses next year to enter or not?:smile:
I want to meet my university goals of ABC... but I got ADD in my AS exams.. :frown:

I took Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, I got A in Maths, D in both chemistry and physics

The university is asking for ABC, or a BBC if firm choice, it is a university in the top 30 rankings, but they went really easy on my grades because I got a distinction in my BTEC Science (completed two year modules in one year). B in maths is needed

I need to get at least a B in physics. and probably a B in chemistry too. I can most likely get A in Maths. My realistic target is ABB

My problem is that I am way too distracted with video games etc. Not arrogant but I really believe in myself to do anything if I put my mind and effort into it, but I have trouble doing this to my studies because of games.. everytime I go to sleep, or walk to college and back, I day dream about studying all day, work hard, get good grades, but it never happens..

I wish I had some kind of motivation, some kind of super motivation to push me to my limits because that was what I lacked last year's exams
Original post by emilytjones
can you be doing your gcses next year to enter or not?:smile:

I think that you can still enter, you will just need to use your grades from internal exams to enter the competition - will have to clarify that though!
Original post by mobbsy91
I think that you can still enter, you will just need to use your grades from internal exams to enter the competition - will have to clarify that though!

thank you:tongue:
I'm doing my final year of a levels - doing ocr bio and chem and edexcel maths. Desperately need 3A*s. Retaking a few AS modules so going to have 13 exams in total in summer. Just don't feel like I can do it :frown: There's a stupid amount to learn!
Reply 112
Hi
My goals for A2 are:
Economics - A/B - AS didn't go well but I'm resitting both
French A - not going as well as i hoped at the moment
Maths A* - it is possible but some Qs are confusing
I would appreciate any kind of advice! Thanks!
This sounds like a really fun way to motivate myself :smile:

On a gap year at the moment, was predicted AAA in biology, physics and chemistry for A2 with a B in AS maths.
Ended up with CCCb because i figured i could work as hard for A2 as i did for GCSE....big mistake xD

Going for AAA again this time. Have AAB offers from Bath, Nottingham and York for biology, still waiting on Durham and Imperial.

If all goes well hoping for A* in at least one subject.
Hello,

I really want to get an A* in OCR A2 Chemistry and an A in OCR A2 Biology! Could use all the help you can offer!!

Thank you in advance
Ok...

So I'm currently targeted:
Psychology - A
Geography - A
Economics - A
English Lit - A

However at the moment, I'm achieving

Psychology - D
Geography - D
Economics - C
English Lit - A (barely)

I'm willing to try anything to reach my goal of achieving all A's in every subject. I believe it's possible if I put the work in but to have someone help me through it is literally perfection so sign me up!

Also how do I email Puddles?
This is a great idea😊

My goal is to achieve an A in Accounting and a B in Economics and English Language!
At AS level i achieved BBB in these subjects & I'm now resitting the first module in Accounting as I got 65/100 in the first & 87/100 in the second😊😊
I'd like to enter too!!!
I'm on a gap year .Achieved CBB last year so missed my firm offer & hoping for to go from CB to AA in Chemistry and Maths.Currently holding an AAB offer.
This is exactly what I need!!! My problem is lack of motivation .Ive been told im a failure to her point where ive started to believe it ! & I think really negatively of exams .I think I'm going to fail and that's when it mall goes wrong :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118
my goal: to raise my mark to 93+ in all subjects
Reply 119
I'm doing AS Maths, F.Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I'm doing quite well in all of them but the D1 module for OCR maths is giving me nightmares. It's not the syllabus stuff that's messed up but the past papers seem so hard. I need to get at least 90UMS on the unit. Can I get the push I need??

Latest

Trending

Trending