The Student Room Group

Grow your Grades: Discussion Thread

WELCOME TO:
:eek:GROW YOUR GRADES DISCUSSION THREAD!!!:eek:

This thread is just for discussion - to enter the competition, please do so here!

With the start of the Grow your Grades competition, this thread is here for you to share your experiences, and tips and tricks for growing your grades! Feel free to get stuck in here and discuss with other members!

:bl::bl::bl::bl::bl:

What shall I do here?
- Encourage others with their revision!
- Chat about what's been happening with your work recently!
- Ask any questions about this competition!

Why not start a blog?
- Keep us up to date on your progress!
- Share your experiences with revision!
- Tell us all your secrets on why you're doing so well!

What can I win?
At the end of this competition, there will be some prizes for the following:

- Biggest change in grades!
- Best kept blog!
- Biggest hurdle overcome!
(Click the expandable 'Blog List' box to see who's got their blog up and running!
:bl::bl::bl::bl::bl:

Get revising, and best of luck!

Useful resources on TSR which can help you:
Study Help Forums
Study Planner
A* at A-Level Question Thread

Final Participant's Blog List!

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This is the TSR equivalent of a gladiatorial battle royale. Good luck in the competition entrants, may the odds be ever in your favour.
Reply 2
What should be included in our blog?
Original post by YounesB
What should be included in our blog?

So, your opening post may be about what grades you have and what your aims are, maybe how you are going to achieve those...

Then as and when you feel you are making some progress, or just want to keep everyone updated, you can do additional posts about it, with new grades, things like that!

let me know if you would like any more suggestions with it!
Reply 4
Original post by mobbsy91
So, your opening post may be about what grades you have and what your aims are, maybe how you are going to achieve those...

Then as and when you feel you are making some progress, or just want to keep everyone updated, you can do additional posts about it, with new grades, things like that!

let me know if you would like any more suggestions with it!

Thank you - this is a start for now. Thanks !
Original post by YounesB
Thank you - this is a start for now. Thanks !

No worries - if you want any tips or anything like that, then you can ask in this thread! And you can also browse other's blogs which are linked in the OP!
Reply 6
No worries - if you want any tips or anything like that, then you can ask in this thread! And you can also browse other's blogs which are linked in the OP!

Great! I will do. I've just posted my blog. I have also emailed the email which was sent to me on PM to confirm my grades.

Thank you.
Hi, I have added all of your blogs into the OP under the expansion box! It's great that you are taking part in this competition, and I do hope you will benefit and maybe win some prizes! It would be really great to support each other in the blogs, as well as giving out any tips and discussion about the competition in this thread!

Best of luck!

:banana2::banana2::banana2:

Spoiler

I've started one too! I really need these grades eek! Wish everyone the best of luck though :smile:
Good luck everyone ! I'm sure you can all do amazingly
Hey everyone :h:
I've quoted in everyone who's expressed an interest in entering the competition, just to give you all an update and a bit more info :smile:

- Some of you might already have had a PM from Puddles asking to verify your grades. Don't worry if you haven't had one yet, she'll be back in the office on Monday to do some more! She'll send you a message asking for verification/ proof of your current grades
- Even if you haven't been sent a message yet, you can still start your blog! Go to the Grow Your Grades forum and click 'post new thread'. In the post you should give us a brief outline of background info, where you're at currently and where you want to be by the end of the competition
- Keep updating your blog with how you're getting on with your plans. You can also ask for help in your blog, and our study help team will give you tips
- Discuss on here anything else you want to know about the competition, or other people's aims, or just generally chat! :tongue:

PM me, mobbsy or Puddles for more information (or ask any of our lovely study help team that you see around this thread :h: )

Best of luck everyone! :woo: (Please let me know if you wish to be taken off this quote list and no longer wish to participate in the competition)

Spoiler

Reply 11
For A2 students, how many hours revision do you do a day/week? I don't know what is an appropriate amount and I end up feeling guilty if I don't do 'enough' :frown:
Got an awesome list of blogs (you can easily check out the titles in the box in the OP!) and it's great to see so many of you entering!

Puddles is verifying grades today, and the verified blogs should have the Verified tag next to them!

Keep up the awesome work, and good luck!
X

This is such a cool idea - like the academic version of transformation contest.
Original post by k9markiii
This is such a cool idea - like the academic version of transformation contest.

Haha, yeh, exactly!
I'm not really growing my grades but I am studying for an RHS horticulture certificate in my spare time. Apparently the equivalent of another GCSE. I want to get distinctions in it. Am I allowed to enter or is it against the rules if I don't have any grades to go on yet? :confused:

My first exams are on Mon 9th Feb :eek:
I would like to know if this thread is for GCSE, A Level or Degree?
Original post by Captain Jack
I'm not really growing my grades but I am studying for an RHS horticulture certificate in my spare time. Apparently the equivalent of another GCSE. I want to get distinctions in it. Am I allowed to enter or is it against the rules if I don't have any grades to go on yet? :confused:

My first exams are on Mon 9th Feb :eek:

Please PM (or you can just tell her :tongue:) Puddles your current grades with proof, and you can enter :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
(And good luck for your exams!)

Original post by sapphire-aroma
I would like to know if this thread is for GCSE, A Level or Degree?

It can be for any of those!
Reply 18
Original post by xjaye
For A2 students, how many hours revision do you do a day/week? I don't know what is an appropriate amount and I end up feeling guilty if I don't do 'enough' :frown:

Hey! What I have been doing is light revision from around Christmas time, so about 2-3 hours a day - some days, I won't lie I've hardly done any and then yes I have felt extremely guilty :frown: but as February is here now, I am going to start my proper revision, I am going to aim for about 4-5 hours a day, with the odd day doing no revision just as a break. However, it really depends on you as a person, so for me, it takes a while to learn everything, so a few months of proper revision will be really beneficial, especially as I am resitting my A2 biology modules and there's tonnes to learn for that :s-smilie:. For others, they may only need a couple of months/ a few weeks for revision.
For revision itself, I would definitely recommend flash cards and mindmaps (particularly useful if you're a visual learner) and of course lots of past papers
Hope this helps and good luck for your exams! :smile:
Would be nice if anyone on here can tutor me

for sciencey stuff

Latest

Trending

Trending