Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I have adult nursing interview in feb 2015 and I just want to know about the maths and writing assessment.
    What sort of things do they ask you to write about in the assessment and the sort of things they are looking for.

Finally I just want to ask do you have to pass the maths and the writing assessment before you go on to the group interview.

Thanks for your help, looking forward to reading your replies.

ReputationRep:
    hi how did your interview go?

as far as i know, they don't let you progress to interview stage unless you pass tests.

ReputationRep:
    Hi hope it's not tk lage for your interview! I had one for childs last week and guessing they woll be pretty similar! The maths you are not allowed a calculator, I didn't find it too hard, but I am a bit of a maths lover! You do have to pass the maths to go on to the group, and I don't want to scare you but over half the group got sent home, if you go on to the course page on the website there is a practice paper and it was pretty similar on the day! So if you can do that you should be fine!!
    The writing was just a simple task in relation to your chosen field of nursing.
    Group activity and individual interview were fine, very relaxed and made you feel comfortable.
    I actually really enjoyed the interview process at the uni and was lucky enough to be offered a place 2 days later!!!
    Good luck with your interview, relax and you will be fine

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    i got an interview for adult nursing this month. Can you tell me what kind of questions are asked on the maths paper like what kind of questions so i know what i need to practise on as i have dyslexia and i want to really get in but my disability comes at a disadvantage at times. can you please tell me what goes on with the writing paper too. i really need a head start so i feel comfortable when taking the tests. and for the interview is it a group interview or a individual interview,
    thank you ever so much

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! Hope I'm not too late;

If you go on the Cov Uni Mental Health Nursing page, they have a sample maths test on there! The questions are pretty much exactly the same with different numbers, so if you can work those out, you will be fine. Or BCU also have sample maths test questions you can answer, they're all pretty much the same. Multiplication with decimal places, converting ml to l, adding, subtracting etc.

For the writing paper, I think I was asked why I wanted to study Nursing at Cov Uni... or a question like that! They just said that they wanted cohesive answers, easy to read, easy to understand and straight to the point. I tried to write as much as possible in the time I had. They also told me I only had the space on the paper to write in, but just think about why you've applied for the course and be straight to the point.

I had a group interview with scenario questions for example; What would you do if you caught a fellow student stealing etc.

Hope it goes well!

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganRosee)
    Hiya! Hope I'm not too late;

If you go on the Cov Uni Mental Health Nursing page, they have a sample maths test on there! The questions are pretty much exactly the same with different numbers, so if you can work those out, you will be fine. Or BCU also have sample maths test questions you can answer, they're all pretty much the same. Multiplication with decimal places, converting ml to l, adding, subtracting etc.

For the writing paper, I think I was asked why I wanted to study Nursing at Cov Uni... or a question like that! They just said that they wanted cohesive answers, easy to read, easy to understand and straight to the point. I tried to write as much as possible in the time I had. They also told me I only had the space on the paper to write in, but just think about why you've applied for the course and be straight to the point.

I had a group interview with scenario questions for example; What would you do if you caught a fellow student stealing etc.

Hope it goes well!
    Hi did you get an offer? I have for child branch

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelhelm)
    Hi did you get an offer? I have for child branch

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hiya! Yes, I have a confirmed offer for Adult Nursing! So excited to start. Do you know the date our course starts though? I haven't had much information yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganRosee)
    Hiya! Yes, I have a confirmed offer for Adult Nursing! So excited to start. Do you know the date our course starts though? I haven't had much information yet
    Well done!!! I am just waiting to hear back from two other interviews and then I will firm coventry! I saw somewhere that it was the 21st September, but then the move in date for accommodation will be earlier because of freshers!! I'm sure they will send us more information nearer the time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelhelm)
    Well done!!! I am just waiting to hear back from two other interviews and then I will firm coventry! I saw somewhere that it was the 21st September, but then the move in date for accommodation will be earlier because of freshers!! I'm sure they will send us more information nearer the time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hiya, I read that was the date too... I just wanted to book a holiday and was hoping we'd have time in September when the kids are back before we start. Selfish reasons ha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.