The Student Room Group

Anyone applying to university?

Just out of curiosity; looking to see how many people are planning on going to university after finishing their BTEC course - quite a few on my Level 3 Applied Science aren't!

So, if you are:
What course are you doing currently?
What course do you want to do?
University choices?
Predicted grades?

:smile:
You must first find a course and know it's requirement, then check on the Ucas Website it should tell you your total points, which allows u to compare with universities' requirement, does that make sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ignore the first writing, anyway, i'm in my second year at college, my subjects are French A2 and Btec Level 3 Diploma in Construction and i have applied for the Quantity surveyor(QS)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Currently doing BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sports Development, Coaching and Fitness
Going to do Physical Education with Outdoor Education I firmed my Leeds offer
Turned down offers from Nottingham Trent, Staffordshire, Derby and Worcester
Projected grade D*D*D*

There's a few in my BTEC group that are choosing not to go, it tends to be the lower achievers and those that don't have the most motivated attitude towards the course, pass pushers as I've named them before - is this the same as your BTEC group and is that why they aren't going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Currently studying BTEC level 3 in hospitality, but have applied for 5 primary education courses.
Have got an interview at Canterbury Christchurch, was unsuccessful at Birmingham City, and waiting to hear back from Brighton, Bristol & Liverpool.
Predicted grades are D*D*D*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Doing a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business.
Applied to do Business Management with Marketing at 5 universities.
Received conditional offers from Leeds, Surrey and Kent. Waiting on Exeter on Bath.
D*D*D*
Reply 6
BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
Applied to study Occupational Therapy
Derby, UEA, Northampton, Bournemouth and UWE
Predicted DDD

I have an offer from Northampton, interview at Derby but no response yet from the others.
Okay I'm a first year but it's not long until I apply so I'm gonna join in anyway :biggrin:

What course are you doing currently? BTEC L3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science
What course do you want to do? Biology/Zoology
University choices? Bath, Lancaster, Essex, Bangor, and Edge Hill (hopefully :biggrin:)
Predicted grades? It's obviously quite early for predicted grades but my tutor is hoping for DDM-DDD. Aiming for D*DD though :biggrin:

Good luck to you all and congratulations to those with interviews and offers :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by RussMack
Currently doing BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sports Development, Coaching and Fitness
Going to do Physical Education with Outdoor Education I firmed my Leeds offer
Turned down offers from Nottingham Trent, Staffordshire, Derby and Worcester
Projected grade D*D*D*

There's a few in my BTEC group that are choosing not to go, it tends to be the lower achievers and those that don't have the most motivated attitude towards the course, pass pushers as I've named them before - is this the same as your BTEC group and is that why they aren't going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on the offers and firming a place! I'm still waiting on Bath before I can make any decisions but it's my top choice - typical that they're the last to reply lol.

Yeah, a few "pass pushers" on my course aren't planning to go but some people are getting merits and distinctions in most units and don't plan to continue to university but I don't understand why they'd to this course if they don't plan on really using it or doing anything in science.

Just realised I hadn't actually posted my stuff :rolleyes:

I'm currently on a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science
Applied for: Biology/Biological science
Choices (and offers): Bournemouth (unconditional :biggrin:) Surrey, UWE Bristol, Sussex (all conditional) and still waiting to hear from Bath
Predicted grade: D*D*D*

Congrats on your offers so far and good luck to everyone still waiting!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending