Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am re-applying to study English at University.

However, I have already studied 2 years at anotherUniversity a couple of years ago.
    I studied for 1 full year (my first year) which cost £3455
    I failed one of my modules and was forced to repeat JUSTthis module the following year (2 years in total) which cost £155, so it wasn’t a full year of tuition that was paidto the university. Just one module.

Does this mean I can still apply for 3 years of tuition feeloans on my new 3 year course?
    Also can I still receive maintenance loans and grants forthe full 3 years?
    Thanks for any help,
    • Official TSR Representative

Official TSR Representative
    Hello Sam,

Unfortunately as you were in attendance for 2 separate academic years, this will be counted as 2 years of previous study (even if you just attend for 1 day of an academic year it gets classed as a year of study).

As such, you would only have 2 years of full funding left (tuition fee loan, maintenance loan and maintenance grant), which would be applied to the last 2 years of the course, so for your first year you would not receive tuition fee loan or maintenance grant, but you would still get maintenance loan.

How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.