Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    currently in year 12 at college studying maths etc...
    Currently looking for a part time job but will need to obviously put in alot of revision before summer exams and i was wondering am i aloud to leave my job during exam times or would i have to quit, do workplaces understand my priorities?

ReputationRep:
    It will depend on the job, some will be more understanding than others. It also depends on your contract, if you are on a 0 hour contract it will be easier to reduce your hours.

ReputationRep:
    like the above poster said, some will, some won't - if it's a deal breaker discuss it in the interview

I worked two different jobs over A level exams, one I was fired from for refusing to work overtime until 2am the evening before a 9am exam... the other gave me as much time off as I wanted over exams and spent hours rearranging timetables so people could get as much pay as possible while having as many days as possible off before exams...from that job I can tell you that being happy to compromise helped a lot (and working somewhere there wasn't loads of staff), I was happy to come in right after an afternoon exam to get some hours done, or work a double shift - so that I could have the following 5 days off or whatever it was before my next exam, also having a good relationship with colleagues can mean people are more prepared to cover for you

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.