Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can someone advise on which are the closest halls for students of Psychology. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Its hard to say which halls are closest, simply because lectures are in lots of different buildings. The main home of psychology is Washington Singer (far west side of campus), however, I haven't had a single lecture here yet. It is mainly for practicals and tutorials. Where you wanting self-catered or catered then I might be able to advise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlygiggle)
    Its hard to say which halls are closest, simply because lectures are in lots of different buildings. The main home of psychology is Washington Singer (far west side of campus), however, I haven't had a single lecture here yet. It is mainly for practicals and tutorials. Where you wanting self-catered or catered then I might be able to advise

Thanks. Would be looking for self catered halls. Does that help?

ReputationRep:
    The closest self-catered halls to central campus would be lafrowda (about a 6min walk) so I would go with that. The new blocks are nice, and it never seems too noisy at night

ReputationRep:
    The closest self-catered halls to central campus would be lafrowda (about a 6min walk) so I would go with that. The new blocks are nice, and it never seems too noisy at night
    That's great. Thank you so much for your help. How are you finding the course and is psychology what you hope to do when you graduate, or something else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DebbieO)
    That's great. Thank you so much for your help. How are you finding the course and is psychology what you hope to do when you graduate, or something else?
    Psychology is really good. My favourite module so far is social psychology - the lecturer is fantastic and explains everything clearly. I don't know if you're worried about the statistics part of the course - if you are, there's no need to, as they ease you into it nicely, and there's a helpdesk you can go to if you are struggling

ReputationRep:
    Psychology is really good. My favourite module so far is social psychology - the lecturer is fantastic and explains everything clearly. I don't know if you're worried about the statistics part of the course - if you are, there's no need to, as they ease you into it nicely, and there's a helpdesk you can go to if you are struggling
    That's really nice to know as everyone talks about the stats. Have you done many practicals yet and what do you think of the facilities and lecturers?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.