Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My twenty years old daughter is in her last year from studying Education and on track for a 1:1. She has also studied the International Baccalaureate and volunteers one morning a week at a local primary school.

Unfortunately, she was unsuccessful on her three interviews.

I read on the National Careers centre that most scitt providers prefer 21 and over?

Can anyone tell me if this is correct plus, have any of you been successful after reapplying the following year?

Thank you in advance x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babycatdiamond)
    My twenty years old daughter is in her last year from studying Education and on track for a 1:1. She has also studied the International Baccalaureate and volunteers one morning a week at a local primary school.

Unfortunately, she was unsuccessful on her three interviews.

I read on the National Careers centre that most scitt providers prefer 21 and over?

Can anyone tell me if this is correct plus, have any of you been successful after reapplying the following year?

Thank you in advance x
    You can apply for teaching training if you are in your final year of your degree so no age limit. I'm 20 and i have received an offer for teacher training.. I will be 21 by the time I start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameslad)
    You can apply for teaching training if you are in your final year of your degree so no age limit. I'm 20 and i have received an offer for teacher training.. I will be 21 by the time I start

Well done. I think it was a lot to do with nerves, lack of support and guidance from the University and lastly she has a lot going on in her personal life and just made mistakes where normally that wouldn't happy.

She's just taking a break from volunteering and concentrate on the last few months at uni plus her part time job, then either try with another provider or take a year out like most of her friends have and apply for a teaching assistant post so she has time to refresh, as she went straight to uni after an intense International Baccalaureate course.

Congratulations to you and wish you every success on your course in September x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.