Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so my laptops on "configuring windows updates
    100% complete
    Don't turn off your computer"

been like that for ages, tried turning on and off again but goes straight to that, tried pressing ctrl+alt+dlt and alt+f10 but nothings working

any ideas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshale)
    so my laptops on "configuring windows updates
    100% complete
    Don't turn off your computer"

been like that for ages, tried turning on and off again but goes straight to that, tried pressing ctrl+alt+dlt and alt+f10 but nothings working

any ideas
    I'd say leave it on until it fixes itself.......otherwise you'll have a corrupt OS which we'll need a reinstall of Windows

ReputationRep:
    Leave Windows Update to run its course, don't interrupt it.

(Original post by Iqbal007)
    I'd say leave it on until it fixes itself.......otherwise you'll have a corrupt OS which we'll need a reinstall of Windows
    No, Windows Update doesn't work like that.
    I currently don't work with Windows Update problems myself, although that's something I'm getting round to.
    It requires registry manipulation to remove the updates manually, if system restore isn't an option.
    It certainly will not require a reinstall of Windows.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.