Anyone studying Contemporary Lit? Watch

kestrels
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'll be applying to MA programs for 2016-17, but I feel a bit like the only one. Who else is interested in lit roughly 1900-present? What area/what's the topic of your dissertation? I'm still unsure, and it'd help to know what other people are working on.

I'm in the USA, but I'll have a very brief chance this summer to tour unis. Cambridge, Durham, and KCL are top of my list, and the Oxford name would be very exciting, though I've seen unfavorable reviews on this forum (and I've no idea how likely I am to get in). I've heard great things about Exeter, though from a student of Victorian lit.

It'd be great to hear from anyone about where they're looking or why!
madamemerle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kestrels)
I'll be applying to MA programs for 2016-17, but I feel a bit like the only one. Who else is interested in lit roughly 1900-present? What area/what's the topic of your dissertation? I'm still unsure, and it'd help to know what other people are working on.

I'm in the USA, but I'll have a very brief chance this summer to tour unis. Cambridge, Durham, and KCL are top of my list, and the Oxford name would be very exciting, though I've seen unfavorable reviews on this forum (and I've no idea how likely I am to get in). I've heard great things about Exeter, though from a student of Victorian lit.

It'd be great to hear from anyone about where they're looking or why!
Hi!

I study post-45 fiction and film from an American Studies perspective, postwar specifically (45 -70 ish) in my dissertation, but am interested in, and teach, a wider period (roughly 1930 to the present). I'm a PhD student and have made the opposite move to you: am in the U.S. now for my PhD, but am from the UK and got my BA and MA there.

St Andrews is good for twentieth century too, as is Birkbeck (in case you haven't checked them out).

Are you interested in British, American (or both?), or World lit/postcolonial?
katabasis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a US student. I did my BA in Comp Lit and I'm applying for various masters in the subject. Def different than English, but yeah I was hoping to get some opinions as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (35)
11.15%
I used to but I don't now (11)
3.5%
No, but I want to start (113)
35.99%
No, I am unable to (69)
21.97%
No, I chose not to (86)
27.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise