Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geog)
    Hi,

why is there information regarding the Marinairport? what is the purpose of this info and what are the likely questions goin to be regarding this airport??

Also I understand the the food web of an estuary shows the impotance of saltmarshes...what else is significant about the food web??

Also what field work do we need to incorporate?

Thanx
    reguardin marinairport - its a different proposal - I THINK?!!!

bt qus u cud b asked r da simple - pros / cons

cud split it in2 SEE (social/econ/env)

and also den in2 local regional national

ReputationRep:
    just one quick qus

- r we likely to get penalised for puttin extra info in or is it seen as something good - cuz advice given to us has always been ''familiarise yourself with the pre-release'' but knw it seems as if though there is a lot more research needed.

ReputationRep:
    ive attached my EIA - hope it helps and please give feedback on improvements

will try ''bumping'' (lol) this up later
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Physical Environmental Impact Analysis.doc (23.0 KB, 136 views)

ReputationRep:
    does ne1 by ne chance hav ne work on the a3 pull out on thames gateway development region

i.e. pros and cons of each site?

im nt 2 sure on how 2 use dis link given:

http://www.geography.btinternet.co.uk/thamesgateway.htm

ReputationRep:
    Ive done a SWOT analysis on the sheet to see what the strengths and weaknesses are currently and the opportunities and threats for the future. i would post it on here but ive only written it on a photocopy at the mo!! I went through all the bullets on the sheet. Not sure its right but its sumat i guess!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliefarley)
    Ive done a SWOT analysis on the sheet to see what the strengths and weaknesses are currently and the opportunities and threats for the future. i would post it on here but ive only written it on a photocopy at the mo!! I went through all the bullets on the sheet. Not sure its right but its sumat i guess!!
    thanx....im jst stressed wid dis exam cuz gt so many others 2 do - got 6exams in 4days!!

i thort i also add dat my teacher sed dat da person who wrote da paper for dis exam is a human geographer and therefore she was surprised at the amount of work relating to physical geography in the pre-release.

ReputationRep:
    What's SWOT? I remember it from last year but don't remember what the 'OT' stands for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowy)
    What's SWOT? I remember it from last year but don't remember what the 'OT' stands for!
    Quick of O and T of Cliffe airport

Opportunities:

·inward investment·
    attraction to footloose industries·
    Urbanisation urban growth will be stimulated (a con as well!)·
    increase in tourism = growth for economy·
    seal defences may improve·
    estuaries are a growth area for development

Threats

·passengers may still prefer Heathrow because it is more accessible·
    urban sprawl
    increased risk of flooding = more flood defences = problems elsewhere due to sea defences
    ·Eustatic sea level rise
    ·300 tonnes of explosives located nearby = dangerous
    ·it is a feeding ground for birds – risky because it is close to runway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jag_jatt)
    ive attached my EIA - hope it helps and please give feedback on improvements

will try ''bumping'' (lol) this up later
    The de-icer will surely increase BOD (and yes, it does stand for biochemical oxygen demand) ? I always get this confused but basically, the amount of oxygen available in the water systems will decrease as it is taken up by the de-icer chemicals, reducing the SDI (species diversity index) as fewer organisms will be able to survive on the amount of O2 available.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jag_jatt)
    does ne1 by ne chance hav ne work on the a3 pull out on thames gateway development region

i.e. pros and cons of each site?

im nt 2 sure on how 2 use dis link given:

http://www.geography.btinternet.co.uk/thamesgateway.htm
    Its to show the juggernaut of planning which develops its own momentum and thus tends to squeeze out a more objective consideration of the developments in this part of Kent

ReputationRep:
    This question seems like a big piece of poo... URGH

I think it would be good to actually see how some people have answered the question from past papers, as this was a big help with the unit 5a stuff. It was good to see the difference between an A answer and C answer.

So the point is, does anybody have these recsources?

ReputationRep:
    OH - and of course thank you to all the people who have posted and stuff, because this has been an amazing thread. I feel like i acutally know what to do!

ReputationRep:
    This is the first time i have seen a synoptic question paper (5 mins ago) i thought it was a huge 70 mark question, but i cant belive its been split down into 9 to 12 mark questions. Which in my opinion has made life a whole lot easier?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/68383.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkmountain)
    This is the first time i have seen a synoptic question paper (5 mins ago) i thought it was a huge 70 mark question, but i cant belive its been split down into 9 to 12 mark questions. Which in my opinion has made life a whole lot easier?
    lol...can imagine

ReputationRep:
    This may have already been asked but in my Mock exam (which I will post the questions my teachers made up for if you want). I really couldn't work out which techniques to use and how to include them. Does anyone have any ideas about how to include matrixs and other things?

ReputationRep:
    techniques could be cost benefit analysis where costs and benefits are weighed. a envionmental impact assesment could also be used but this would be dependant on the question.
    with the opinion of people a conflict matrix could be done to get an overall picture of the views interest groups have.
    what questions did you have to answer?

ReputationRep:
    Hi 'Randdom'! those mock questions would be really useful to get an idea of the kinds of questions that might be asked.

thanks

mo
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by randdom)
    This may have already been asked but in my Mock exam (which I will post the questions my teachers made up for if you want). I really couldn't work out which techniques to use and how to include them. Does anyone have any ideas about how to include matrixs and other things?
    Yes please post them if you can, they would be helpful additions to what we already have on here
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Funkmountain)
    This question seems like a big piece of poo... URGH

I think it would be good to actually see how some people have answered the question from past papers, as this was a big help with the unit 5a stuff. It was good to see the difference between an A answer and C answer.

So the point is, does anybody have these recsources?
    There is an earlier post on this thread in which I have put a lot of examiners comments.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.