Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going to the flat of someone you've just met Watch

I met a guy on Tinder and so far we've been on two dates. He seems very nice, and has asked me round to his flat for dinner (he lives alone). However, while we've been talking for a few weeks I only met him in 'real life' about a week ago, and think it might be a bit silly to go round to his flat when I barely know him. Am I being over-cautious, or should I in fact tell him that I don't yet feel comfy with the idea? If so, how should I break it to him so it doesn't seem I'm rejecting/judging him?

ReputationRep:
    I'd do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I met a guy on Tinder and so far we've been on two dates. He seems very nice, and has asked me round to his flat for dinner (he lives alone). However, while we've been talking for a few weeks I only met him in 'real life' about a week ago, and think it might be a bit silly to go round to his flat when I barely know him. Am I being over-cautious, or should I in fact tell him that I don't yet feel comfy with the idea? If so, how should I break it to him so it doesn't seem I'm rejecting/judging him?
    It's perfectly normal to feel like that

If you think you'll need more time until you're comfortable turning up at his place, just suggest you guys have dinner at a restaurant? (be like "oh, we can go to this really good Italian place instead! It's really nice" or something)

In time you'll feel more comfortable about it dw~
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Tinder + going to his flat?

= :hump::rofl:

(Original post by R Dragon)
    It's perfectly normal to feel like that

If you think you'll need more time until you're comfortable turning up at his place, just suggest you guys have dinner at a restaurant? (be like "oh, we can go to this really good Italian place instead! It's really nice" or something)

In time you'll feel more comfortable about it dw~
    Thank you, I think I'll do that. I've been given tickets for the theatre so I think I'll suggest we do that instead and then go for dinner or drinks afterwards. Hopefully he won't take it the wrong way!

(Original post by heavyhandscott)
    Tinder + going to his flat?

= :hump::rofl:
    Well no, not going to his flat. That's the point of the thread.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I think I'll do that. I've been given tickets for the theatre so I think I'll suggest we do that instead and then go for dinner or drinks afterwards. Hopefully he won't take it the wrong way!
    That sounds lovely, what show are you watching?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Well no, not going to his flat. That's the point of the thread.
    Well no youre asking everyone of advice as to if you should, and im just saying if you did... :P

It was only a joke too, the guy is probably genuine but we cannot tell

ReputationRep:
    If you don't feel comfortable then don't go. You could say you'd prefer to go elsewhere... Okay I see the theatre idea,go with that

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.