The Student Room Group

NATO - RAF bases, general interview revision!

Just wondering how you guys who all have passed the interview managed to revise? I'm pretty good with RAF bases but aircraft and where there based im not! NATO should be simple I akready know bits and bobs about it. Truth be told I've never revised for any thing except the selection test and this!!!

How ow did you all find the interview? Scary? Did they make you feel relaxed or nervous?

I'm currently waiting on my date so in the mean time I'm swatting up well :-p
Reply 1
I wouldn't worry too much about where aircraft are based and their squadrons etc. However, for ISTAR (Intelligence Surveillance Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance) I'd recommend where it is based and a basic understanding of what the aircraft involved do. Mention Rivet Joint (we have one already on ops and two more on the way from the USAF).

I'm assuming this is the filter interview?
My best bit of advice would be to have an opinion on your current affairs - if he/she tries to challenge your opinion, don't back down and stick to your opinion
. They want to see that you can stand by what you think.
Reply 2
We've only got about 3 flying stations and 6 ac left, isn't hard to remember them!

Just keep studying lists, use maps. If you've learnt the countries in NATO or bases overseas then it won't be any harder to learn bases and sqns. There are even plenty of quizzes online (sporkle?) to test yourself on.

Quick Reply

Latest