The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

MA Advertising and Marketing

Hi im just wondering if anyone on this course could help me with the exam to essay ratio? Does every module have exams? Also module outlines even in their most basic form would help me so much. The uni itself is not being too helpful, like they don't want applicants to know about the modules. Any help would be great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by mrk12a
Hi im just wondering if anyone on this course could help me with the exam to essay ratio? Does every module have exams? Also module outlines even in their most basic form would help me so much. The uni itself is not being too helpful, like they don't want applicants to know about the modules. Any help would be great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,
The essay to exam ratio will depend a lot on what modules you actually pick, as with a masters programme you are able to tailor the course to your own needs, selecting from a range of modules with a variety of assessment methods. One of our social media team is currently studying this course though, so I'm sure she'll be able to respond to you in more detail when she's in.
- Josh
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Ah i was told this course had a set of 8 modules which you couldn't change, i did ask for module outlines but was told they are only for current students but only really need a sentence describing the module and info about exams/essays

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by mrk12a

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,
I've just finished MA Advertising & Marketing course. There are 8 modules divided into 2 terms: Term 1 (Strategic Advertising Management, Principles of Marketing, Consumer behaviour, Marketing Communication), Term 2 ( Digital Marketing, Managing Corporate reputation, Global Brand Management, Advertising Psychology).
You don't have exams for 2 modules Strategic Advertising Management and Advertising Psychology, but have 2 courseworks for each module instead. They contribute equally to your module result (50/50). For the rest of the modules, you have 1 coursework/ or online test (40%) + 1 exam (60%)
Each module carry 15 credits.
In term 3, you can choose to do a dissertation or an internship (50 credits).
Hope this helps :smile: Any further question just let me know! :smile:
Cheers,
- Ha
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending