Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

New forum games! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello to all gamers!

Here at TSR we have been brainstorming some new forum games! I have listed some ideas below so if you like any of them please start them up

Also, if you have any ideas that you want to try out or don't want to start yourself just post them in this thread!

Ideas
    Every 100th post is the winner. (so whoever gets post 100, post 200 etc)
    A bit like who posts last is the winner – but with more winners!

A-Z games
    You base them around a certain thing - a football team, film, singer, band, game etc etc and the first person names one that starts with A. The next person has to name one that starts with B and so on.

Film connections
    OP starts off by naming a movie actor/actress, then the next person replies with another actor/actress that appeared in a movie with the previous person. It helps if you also put the movie they appeared in.

Change a Letter and Make a New Word Thread
    Aim of the game is to change one or two letters of a word and get a completely different word. You may add or take away up to two letters a word instead of changing a letter, but this may only be done once every five posts. You may not post twice in a row. A new word may begin after the previous word has had 20 variations. We can change the rules for this one to make it simpler.

The Music Thread
    These are the rules for this one. All you have to do is look at the last post, take a word from it to make your artist/band and song title (can't be the same artist/band as previous post). Put the word you used in capitals so the next poster can use another word unless it is impossible. No use of the words AND or THE.

3 word game!!
    Say anything you want but you can only post three words in each post and you can’t post two posts in a row.

If you view this thread you must reply

Here's a chance for everyone who reads this to say something..just say anything!

This thing or that thing?
    Set an X or Y question. First person to give their preference then sets their own X or Y question.
    e.g. Black Books or IT Crowd?

Any takers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    Hello to all gamers!

Here at TSR we have been brainstorming some new forum games! I have listed some ideas below so if you like any of them please start them up

Also, if you have any ideas that you want to try out or don't want to start yourself just post them in this thread!

Ideas
    Every 100th post is the winner. (so whoever gets post 100, post 200 etc)
    A bit like who posts last is the winner – but with more winners!

A-Z games
    You base them around a certain thing - a football team, film, singer, band, game etc etc and the first person names one that starts with A. The next person has to name one that starts with B and so on.

Film connections
    OP starts off by naming a movie actor/actress, then the next person replies with another actor/actress that appeared in a movie with the previous person. It helps if you also put the movie they appeared in.

Change a Letter and Make a New Word Thread
    Aim of the game is to change one or two letters of a word and get a completely different word. You may add or take away up to two letters a word instead of changing a letter, but this may only be done once every five posts. You may not post twice in a row. A new word may begin after the previous word has had 20 variations. We can change the rules for this one to make it simpler.

The Music Thread
    These are the rules for this one. All you have to do is look at the last post, take a word from it to make your artist/band and song title (can't be the same artist/band as previous post). Put the word you used in capitals so the next poster can use another word unless it is impossible. No use of the words AND or THE.

3 word game!!
    Say anything you want but you can only post three words in each post and you can’t post two posts in a row.

If you view this thread you must reply

Here's a chance for everyone who reads this to say something..just say anything!

This thing or that thing?
    Set an X or Y question. First person to give their preference then sets their own X or Y question.
    e.g. Black Books or IT Crowd?

Any takers?
    Hi Queen Cersei

Apologies for the late reply, I have only just noticed this post! I'll take a look over the next few days and see if anyone else wants these games creating. I'm sure some of these would go down well

As for the Music Thread - I think we already have one, either in the forum games section or the Music section.

ReputationRep:
    The thread-starter begins a story and the next person carries it on and then the next, such as "Once upon a time there was a..."
    Person replies: "kangroo that ate a huge..."
    Then the next person replies, "man that had hair growing out of his..."
    :laugh: I dunno if that'll work. You may get one person posting a lot of the story.
    Your ideas are good though xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverTooLatte)
    The thread-starter begins a story and the next person carries it on and then the next, such as "Once upon a time there was a..."
    Person replies: "kangroo that ate a huge..."
    Then the next person replies, "man that had hair growing out of his..."
    :laugh: I dunno if that'll work. You may get one person posting a lot of the story.
    Your ideas are good though xx
    That'd work, so long as there was a rule that said "no consecutive posts" or some sort; i.e. a limit being placed on the amount of times a person can post in a specified time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    That'd work, so long as there was a rule that said "no consecutive posts" or some sort; i.e. a limit being placed on the amount of times a person can post in a specified time.
    Oh yeah, that too, but I originally meant someone posting paragraphs of the story rather than a sentence or two. But, like you said, just type a rule saying minimum of a few lines or something

ReputationRep:
    Find the dumbest thread posted on TSR in the past 24 hours.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Shadoo)
    Find the dumbest thread posted on TSR in the past 24 hours.
    Impossible. There's always dumber ones being made

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Perhaps find the dumbest thread posted in the hour would be a better game.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Perhaps find the dumbest thread posted in the hour would be a better game.
    But then I wouldn't win while I'm at college

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But then I wouldn't win while I'm at college

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sad times. :/
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Sad times. :/
    :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why are we bumping this topic?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Why are we bumping this topic?
    I dunno. Let's stop

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I dunno. Let's stop

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay Bye.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe it would spark a competition to see who could find the dumbest thread?

The Bear - please don't bump a thread like that if the latest reply has only been within a few minutes - unless it adds something to the discussion, or if it is a game which allows multiple postings (e.g. CTAM).

ReputationRep:
    Hi Queen Cersei

Apologies for the late reply, I have only just noticed this post! I'll take a look over the next few days and see if anyone else wants these games creating. I'm sure some of these would go down well

As for the Music Thread - I think we already have one, either in the forum games section or the Music section.
    Hey Spotify!

Thanks for replying It would be great to get something new going, let me know if you set one up and I can pop it in the New on TSR!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Maybe it would spark a competition to see who could find the dumbest thread?

The Bear - please don't bump a thread like that if the latest reply has only been within a few minutes - unless it adds something to the discussion, or if it is a game which allows multiple postings (e.g. CTAM).
    Hmmm.... Maybe, which would then mean the threads (hopefully) get less dumb

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm.... Maybe, which would then mean the threads (hopefully) get less dumb

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes that would be a good idea.. let's hope it doesn't have an adverse effect!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Yes that would be a good idea.. let's hope it doesn'#t have an adverse effect!
    Yeah good point

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.