Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi i am booked in to do the HPAT in Magee on the 31st of January and i havnt actually started any work on it and i havnt taken a course due to other exams, i know not one thing about it ( i only purchased the pastpaper) and im worried about the outcome - anybody that has been through it or going through it have any helpful information or warnings would be greatly appreciated! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmccartie685)
    Hi i am booked in to do the HPAT in Magee on the 31st of January and i havnt actually started any work on it and i havnt taken a course due to other exams, i know not one thing about it ( i only purchased the pastpaper) and im worried about the outcome - anybody that has been through it or going through it have any helpful information or warnings would be greatly appreciated! thanks
    Hey there. I'm registered to do it too, but don't know which location yet! Did you get an email about it?

The exam is 3 hours long and there are three sections:
    Section 1 is Critical Reasoning, which involves answering multiple choice questions on data like graphs, experiments, etc and detecting logical fallacies in them.
    Section 2 is Interpersonal Understanding, which involves reading passages of text regarding human thoughts/feelings and answering multiple choice questions on them (kind of like a reading comprehension).
    Section 3 is essay-based. We have to write two essays. The first essay is based on information provided to us in the form of graphs etc. The second essay is an opinion piece, for example writing about a statement given to us. Something like 'Boys are better than girls at football' - discuss.

I'm really worried about it as well. Particularly for Section 1. The logical thinking is what stumps me, so I'm not getting my hopes up for a good score!

ReputationRep:
    Also anyone with experience of the HPAT - how did you think you did compared to how you actually did?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.