Turn on thread page Beta

He told me to listen to 'All about that bass' and smiled. What does that mean? watch

ReputationRep:
    We were sitting on a bus 'All about that bass' song came on the radio. He told me listen to this song and smiled. I'm not slim. Perhaps he's hinting he doesn't care about my size?

We're groupmates. We get on well and tease each other a lot like almost every single time we see each other. I've always had this insecurity abt my size ( I'm not that big but still taller and bigger than most girls ) and I always think guys don't like me because of my size. Maybe, he's picked that up? I'm not sure.

Could it perhaps a tiny bit mean he might like me?

What does it mean when he told me to listen to the song? I think I might have read too much into it!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well you like him so why don't you make the next step?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is that what your crystal ball told you?

Seriously, you're reading pretty deep into this, and god help us if that really is his method of communicating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    Is that what your crystal ball told you?

Seriously, you're reading pretty deep into this, and god help us if that really is his method of communicating.
    That's fine, I also think I might have read too much into it.... He probably didn't mean anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcasticMel)
    Well you like him so why don't you make the next step?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    always easier said than done! especially when you don't know what the other person thinks about you.

ReputationRep:
    that ur fat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaceforpeople)
    always easier said than done! especially when you don't know what the other person thinks about you.
    You can simply ask so you like that bass, huh, and gauge his reaction. If it's positive go on with how about mine or something less direct. If he likes you he will (should) pick up on that. And if he doesn't you didn get outright rejected so no harm done.

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamu)
    that ur fat
    That was needlessly rude

ReputationRep:
    All about that perch.
    All about that pike.
    All about that salmon.
    All about that trout.

...it's just a song

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    All about that perch.
    All about that pike.
    All about that salmon.
    All about that trout.

...it's just a song
    hahahaha I defo had a giggle thanks anw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcasticMel)
    You can simply ask so you like that bass, huh, and gauge his reaction. If it's positive go on with how about mine or something less direct. If he likes you he will (should) pick up on that. And if he doesn't you didn get outright rejected so no harm done.

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    It means he has awful taste in music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaceforpeople)
    We were sitting on a bus 'All about that bass' song came on the radio. He told me listen to this song and smiled. I'm not slim. Perhaps he's hinting he doesn't care about my size?

We're groupmates. We get on well and tease each other a lot like almost every single time we see each other. I've always had this insecurity abt my size ( I'm not that big but still taller and bigger than most girls ) and I always think guys don't like me because of my size. Maybe, he's picked that up? I'm not sure.

Could it perhaps a tiny bit mean he might like me?

What does it mean when he told me to listen to the song? I think I might have read too much into it!!!

Clearly. Your instincts were right before you analysed it too much.

ReputationRep:
    The song is about praising women who are larger and/or more curvy than the standard 'fitness chick' or 'Hollywood starlet' figures. It obviously means that he does not care about your size, and most likely finds you attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VannR)
    The song is about praising women who are larger and/or more curvy than the standard 'fitness chick' or 'Hollywood starlet' figures. It obviously means that he does not care about your size, and most likely finds you attractive.

this. it's a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    Hm, I don't think you're reading enough into it to be honest.

Let's break it down:

"All about that bass". Now bass is infamously boomy (especially coming through a sub). Now a sub is a kind of sandwich, you probably like eating sandwiches. Sandwiches contain sand, which is what glass contains, glass rhymes with ass.....

sorry it's not looking great, I think he is picking on your weight.

ReputationRep:
    Can we have a song about loving teddybear men not Adonis plz guyz havent heard 1 since abaa the 50s like

ReputationRep:
    He's all about that bass.

ReputationRep:
    maybe he just likes that song(no idea why he would.. its awful)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    Hm, I don't think you're reading enough into it to be honest.

Let's break it down:

"All about that bass". Now bass is infamously boomy (especially coming through a sub). Now a sub is a kind of sandwich, you probably like eating sandwiches. Sandwiches contain sand, which is what glass contains, glass rhymes with ass.....

sorry it's not looking great, I think he is picking on your weight.
    You're doing it wrong.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.