Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I am new on here,

I just wanted to ask whether anyone has heard of a student being withdrawn from the course in the final year due to poor attendance?

My attendance in my final year has been very poor due to dissertation prep and research and other assignments and exam revision I need to do in an important year. I am getting worried I may be withdrawn from my course!!

I would have thought the final year there would be no point in withdrawing a student, we are nearly finished, 6 weeks left of official lectures and seminars - must be usual for poor attendance for final year students?!

Thanks !!

ReputationRep:
    I've only heard of students getting warnings for poor attendance. Unfortunately I don't think they'd accept your excuse if they were to give you a telling off. They'd argue that other students are capable of balancing lectures and their dissertation, as you should be giving each module equal amounts of attention rather than letting one dominate the others. I know it doesn't really work this way, but again, I don't think it would hold as a valid excuse.

ReputationRep:
    if they've not contacted you, you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    why don't you just speak to this guy http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...nce+at+college seeing as you are probably him. account created same day only threads are these :troll:

ReputationRep:
    I've certainly seen first years withdrawn for failure to engage with the course by not attending lectures. However it would be highly unusual in your third year, especially if you are still turning in coursework and turning up for exams.

Make sure you stay in contact with your diss supervisor by sending occasional emails telling them what you're doing for the diss. Even if they don't reply, you will have evidence that you're still engaged with that part of your course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.