Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm from the United States and might be going to university in England. These are the colleges I've found that aren't too expensive.

University of Sunderland
    University of Wolverhampton
    University of Glyndwr
    University of Bolton
    Staffordshire University
    Teesside University
    University of Wales Trinity Saint David

Are any of these universities any good?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too sure about the rest but I know that Bolton isn't the best university statistics and reputation wise but it is located in a very nice town and has a few international students. I guess it all depends on which course you are going to do. May I ask which course you are going to do?
    Source: Someone who has lived in Bolton their entire life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatnissEvergreen)
    I'm not too sure about the rest but I know that Bolton isn't the best university statistics and reputation wise but it is located in a very nice town and has a few international students. I guess it all depends on which course you are going to do. May I ask which course you are going to do?
    I'm going for some kind of engineering, most likely electrical.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    I thought about going to Teesside when I was making my choices, it was my backup choice. It seemed quite good. Although it is Middlesborough.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by bluedude588)
    I'm from the United States and might be going to university in England. These are the colleges I've found that aren't too expensive.

University of Sunderland
    University of Wolverhampton
    University of Glyndwr
    University of Bolton
    Staffordshire University
    Teesside University
    University of Wales Trinity Saint David

Are any of these universities any good?
    (Original post by KatnissEvergreen)
    Hello,

How are you?

If you are looking for Engineering courses we have an excellent course at the University of Bolton. Is there anything I can help you with?

You may want to take a look at our website:

http://www.bolton.ac.uk/Subjects/Eng...uate/Home.aspx

We have a range of different Engineering courses and we will also be opening our University Technology College starting this September which will be aimed at 14+ students who are interested in engineering.

We also work alongside RLR Motorsport and Ginetta within our Centre for Advanced Performance Engineering (CAPE) which gives students the opportunity to develop hands on skills by working with the race team, in the work shops and on track days.

We have students who would be willing to talk to you about their experiences. If you would like me to help them get in contact with you, I would be more than happy to.

Feel free to ask me any questions about the University of Bolton and I will be happy to help!

Aimee

ReputationRep:
    They are all dog ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ugh every other college is too expensive...

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Do NOT do engineering at wolverhampton its so RUBBISH.
    Everyone hates it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.