Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I am going to try making this short, although my situation is complicated.

    I am currently enrolled in an architecture course as a EU student, but realised I did not appreciated it that much.
    I cannot stay in my present university and only change course because the course I am interested in is unique in UK and is taught in a different University.

    However, I realised I really wanted to change when coming back from Christmas holidays and was unable to apply to that course for September 2015 before UCAS' deadline.

    Hence, I am considering taking a working gap year for 2015-2016 and apply through UCAS for 2016 entry.

    My problem is, I don't know if I can put my Student Finance Loan on hold. Plus, if I do, how do I proceed when I get back to university in September 2016 to explain it is my year 2, even though my loan started two years ago?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

    If you withdraw/suspend from this year of the course then this application will stop. When you come back you would need to reapply again as normal, and this will be dealt with as a new application.

    When applying you simply select you're going into 'year 2' of the course.

    • Thread Starter

    Thank you very much! I feel relieved!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.