Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone cleanse, tone and moisturise in the morning?

I have oily skin, so I think if I used 3 different products on my face each morning, it would make it loads worse.

I was just wondering if anyone does all 3?

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to put in the op, atm I only cleanse and moisturise, I don't use toner...

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your own skin. I have oily skin but I don't ever get spots - I don't ever CT&M in the morning, and in the evening I just take my make up off and sometimes cleanse...I do sometimes find if I over-clean my skin it gets dry.

ReputationRep:
    I don't use toner as well although maybe I should?

Also, I was thinking of washing my face with oil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    Depends on your own skin. I have oily skin but I don't ever get spots - I don't ever CT&M in the morning, and in the evening I just take my make up off and sometimes cleanse...I do sometimes find if I over-clean my skin it gets dry.
    I have the same issue, that if I 'over-wash' my skin drys out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzanne123)
    Does anyone cleanse, tone and moisturise in the morning?

I have oily skin, so I think if I used 3 different products on my face each morning, it would make it loads worse.

I was just wondering if anyone does all 3?
    I find that if you keep your skin care simple it's more efficient in the long run :yes:
    Rather than over complicating your skin routine which could easily do more damage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roscoe dash)
    I find that if you keep your skin care simple it's more efficient in the long run :yes:
    Rather than over complicating your skin routine which could easily do more damage.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I do all 3, purely because I bought a Tea tree set from the bodyshop and so it includes a facial scrub, cleanser, toner and 2 moisturisers (day and night). I did find my skin improved somewhat for a while, but that may be because of the product range (tea tree) rather than the use of a toner as well as usual cleanser and moisturiser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I do all 3, purely because I bought a Tea tree set from the bodyshop and so it includes a facial scrub, cleanser, toner and 2 moisturisers (day and night). I did find my skin improved somewhat for a while, but that may be because of the product range (tea tree) rather than the use of a toner as well as usual cleanser and moisturiser.
    I have heard really good things about The Body Shop Tea Tree products. Would you recommend it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzanne123)
    I have heard really good things about The Body Shop Tea Tree products. Would you recommend it?

Um, honestly it's hit and miss as everyone has different skin types and reacts to products differently. I originally started on the tea tree range because I was having a VERY bad acne week and I just lost my **** and was like "**** it I'm doing something about this", and ended up buying £30 worth of products.

For reference I have normal to sometimes combinations skin, in which my skin isn't often oily but when it is it is really oily and I will develop quite dry patches if I have been picking at my skin because of the spots. I found the tea tree range personally did help me with the spots, it is however really quite drying (I mix the tea tree moisturisers with e45 as I find the moisturisers are not good enough for moisture). Whilst it did immensely help the spots, i found it increased hyper pigmentation in my face from older spots causing a lot of redness, thankfully that is starting to go down now.

If you're unsure of whether to try the tea tree range because of its drying possibility and can increase redness in the face you could instead try the seaweed range which is also supposed to be good for acne sufferers, or those with oily skin, though some still find it a tad too harsh. So if you have sensitive skin I recommend the vitamin e range.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Um, honestly it's hit and miss as everyone has different skin types and reacts to products differently. I originally started on the tea tree range because I was having a VERY bad acne week and I just lost my **** and was like "**** it I'm doing something about this", and ended up buying £30 worth of products.

For reference I have normal to sometimes combinations skin, in which my skin isn't often oily but when it is it is really oily and I will develop quite dry patches if I have been picking at my skin because of the spots. I found the tea tree range personally did help me with the spots, it is however really quite drying (I mix the tea tree moisturisers with e45 as I find the moisturisers are not good enough for moisture). Whilst it did immensely help the spots, i found it increased hyper pigmentation in my face from older spots causing a lot of redness, thankfully that is starting to go down now.

If you're unsure of whether to try the tea tree range because of its drying possibility and can increase redness in the face you could instead try the seaweed range which is also supposed to be good for acne sufferers, or those with oily skin, though some still find it a tad too harsh. So if you have sensitive skin I recommend the vitamin e range.
    Ahh brilliant, thanks for all the info. I have heard good things about the seaweed range too. Thanks very much!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.