Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon all,
    I have my aptitude testing at RAF Cranwell next week (going for Int Officer). I'm well into my SDT revision but if someone could shed some light on the de-brief post test I would be very grateful. Is it a straightforward 'here's how you did' or are they likely to ask questions that I need prepare for?

Also, on the assumption that I meet the score required for the role, how long I am likely to wait for a place at OASC?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I did my aptitude tests back in June of last year.. due to injury etc, I only made it to OASC in September with a fitness test in November..(on the further consideration list now :/). When you finish, it isn't a particularly long wait, straight into an interview room, one, occasionally two officers. Only question I was asked was "How did you find the tests?". When I replied with "fun", they commented on how rare that answer is! All very lighthearted. They don't seem to be aware of which particular branch you are applying for so they give you the score sheet and you can find out for yourself. They go into a bit of detail regarding the various scores as the sheet can be quite confusing, and your brain isn't in the best state of mind to work it out!

I was unusual in that I had an OASC date booked for a month after CBAT before I even sat the tests. When I did it in 2013 the usual way, it was a 6 week wait... trust me, it flies past. Could be anything due to RAF requirements so just a rough guideline.

Last of all, best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Kryten,

I have been lurking around these forums for a while now.

I am hoping to apply for the Intelligence Officer role end of March.

At the moment I am a little stuck as I recently lived in Australia for 2 years and require a CRB/Police check which is taking forever to come through. I applied in December and after chasing it, it seems a few month is ‘reasonable’.

Any way I would be VERY interested in any information you can provide regarding your testing and interviews etc.

I am currently training pretty hard and the physical side of things shouldn’t be a problem. So right now it’s more a matter of keeping up to date on current affairs and basic RAF based information.

One question I'd like to ask. From applying - how long did it take for things to get moving?

Hope to hear back from you.

Regards,

BarrattsMini

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BarrattsMini)
    Any way I would be VERY interested in any information you can provide regarding your testing and interviews etc.
    It'll be no different to anyone else's replies! It's the same for every branch, the only difference will be them asking you about the intelligence branch rather than any other branch during the interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    It'll be no different to anyone else's replies! It's the same for every branch, the only difference will be them asking you about the intelligence branch rather than any other branch during the interview.
    Thanks Drewski,

I can appreciate that - more so just their opinion on the matter. I've read a fair few pages of this forum so have a good idea of what to expect (or so I think).

Have you any input as to turn around time from initial application to initial interviews, medicals etc?

As soon as I get this CRB I am applying but right now it's down for some time March.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BarrattsMini)
    Thanks Drewski,

I can appreciate that - more so just their opinion on the matter. I've read a fair few pages of this forum so have a good idea of what to expect (or so I think).

Have you any input as to turn around time from initial application to initial interviews, medicals etc?

As soon as I get this CRB I am applying but right now it's down for some time March.

Thanks
    Not really. General consensus is a few weeks, maybe a month, but there's no set timeframe.

And with Capita's involvement in the medical side of things, it can be much, much longer.

ReputationRep:
    "Not really. General consensus is a few weeks, maybe a month, but there's no set timeframe.

And with Capita's involvement in the medical side of things, it can be much, much longer."

Thanks,

Capita was my worry and I was forewarned of this at the AFCO in Leeds.

Any way I'll be back, I prefer to lurk but thanks for the info

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.