Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm thinking of applying to Sheffield Hallam for my PGCE, it says on their website (briefly) that you need some experience in observation, does anyone know if this is just in secondary schools or experience in primary would be useful too?

Thanks!
    (I'm in 2nd year at the moment so im not in any hurry, just starting to look into it all)

ReputationRep:
    Also, does anyone know if the Schools Direct course is better? Like which would be a better methods, studying the teaching at Hallam or going to Huddersfield and doing Schools Direct but with no emphasis on geography...

Has anyone got any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm currently at Hull doing secondary Geog, so if you have any questions ask away.
    Courses ask you to get 10 days experience in a secondary school and 5 days in a primary school (The primary school experience can be done just before your course).
    With regards to the course, it depends what you want out of it. Schools direct does not guarantee a PGCE, it depends on the specific course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.