Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was at Glasgow uni studying Psychology last year, but got extreme depression whilst there and dropped out. I left before November, so my funding shouldn't be affected.

I'm worried though. I reapplied this year but I used the same personal statement, didn't update it because I didn't really have anything to add. I never mentioned being at uni the previous year. Was this a mistake?

I got 5 unconditionals last year, but I had predicted grades of A's for Higher Psychology and Advanced Higher English. But in the exams I got a D and a C.

Could this affect my chances of getting in since I failed it at school? And since I didn't have any work experience to add?? (was still dealing with depression at the time of applying.) Or am I overthinking and should just relax since i got all offers last year?? Please help!!

ReputationRep:
    Last year you should have probably sole to your advisor at some point? Contact them again and explain your situation. I'm not exactly sure what will happen though, I'm sure you could have organised a re-entry for this year, last year when you were ill.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This happened to me but with a bit more a gap... I had to drop out for health reasons back in 2010 and I'm trying to get back in this year. I contacted the uni to try and arrange re-entry but they told me to apply again as a new student. I didn't include my previous study in my personal statement because I didn't want to be thought of as a drop-out but I did email a doctor's note and some back-up information to the course I was trying to get back on in case they already knew about my previous study attempt and held it against me. I didn't mention it to my back up courses though as I was worried it would affect their opinion of me, so I think I agree with you that it's maybe best not to mention it!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I went to Edinburgh Uni in Sep 2014 for a few weeks, left, then applied for the same course I did in 2014 at Glasgow Uni with the same personal statement! Got in so it's fine hahaha. Good luck

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.