Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hey guys,

    I am geology graduate from the EU and I'm planning to study at postgraduate level in the UK in the upcoming year.

    Amongst other fields of interest, I started to think about Geotechnical Engineering. I sent an e-mail at the university of Dundee asking whether I could apply for that course and they replied that the MSc Civil Engineering might suit me best.

    I thought that that specific course (in every uni) was for civil engineering graduates only, so I am a bit confused about that now.

    Could you tell me, if I could cope with a programme like that with a non-engineering but scientific background in geology?

    Also, what would the job prospects and rights with a degree like that be? I know for a fact, that in my country, you can have as many MSc titles you want, but if you are not a civil engineer undergrad then you cannot work as one. Does the same stand for the UK, or are there any exceptions in any specific fields?
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.