KTS89
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys,

I am geology graduate from the EU and I'm planning to study at postgraduate level in the UK in the upcoming year.

Amongst other fields of interest, I started to think about Geotechnical Engineering. I sent an e-mail at the university of Dundee asking whether I could apply for that course and they replied that the MSc Civil Engineering might suit me best.

I thought that that specific course (in every uni) was for civil engineering graduates only, so I am a bit confused about that now.

Could you tell me, if I could cope with a programme like that with a non-engineering but scientific background in geology?

Also, what would the job prospects and rights with a degree like that be? I know for a fact, that in my country, you can have as many MSc titles you want, but if you are not a civil engineer undergrad then you cannot work as one. Does the same stand for the UK, or are there any exceptions in any specific fields?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (653)
33.61%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (823)
42.36%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (380)
19.56%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.48%

Watched Threads