Badges: 8
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey guys,

I am geology graduate from the EU and I'm planning to study at postgraduate level in the UK in the upcoming year.

Amongst other fields of interest, I started to think about Geotechnical Engineering. I sent an e-mail at the university of Dundee asking whether I could apply for that course and they replied that the MSc Civil Engineering might suit me best.

I thought that that specific course (in every uni) was for civil engineering graduates only, so I am a bit confused about that now.

Could you tell me, if I could cope with a programme like that with a non-engineering but scientific background in geology?

Also, what would the job prospects and rights with a degree like that be? I know for a fact, that in my country, you can have as many MSc titles you want, but if you are not a civil engineer undergrad then you cannot work as one. Does the same stand for the UK, or are there any exceptions in any specific fields?

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
to top
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (394)
I don't have everything I need (302)

Watched Threads

View All