Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UKIP is not a racist party. Agree or disagree? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think UKIP is unfairly criticised of being racist when the party itself actually is not. Just because they address the sensitive topic of immigration, other parties jump on their backs to detract people from voting for UKIP. I think many people support UKIP's policies, however are scared to do so for fear of being branded a racist. It is fine to vote for UKIP; just because you have right-wing ideologies doesn't make you a racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    UKIP are an openly xenophobic party with racist undertones and attracts large amounts of deeply unpleasant and racist members.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    UKIP are an openly xenophobic party with racist undertones and attracts large amounts of deeply unpleasant and racist members.
    Proof?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You've been influenced by the anti-UKIP media; actually they are not racist at all. I'm sure some members are, but I'm sure all parties have some racists. It's only the UKIP ones that are unfairly picked out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by 10001)
    I think UKIP is unfairly criticised of being racist when the party itself actually is not. Just because they address the sensitive topic of immigration, other parties jump on their backs to detract people from voting for UKIP. I think many people support UKIP's policies, however are scared to do so for fear of being branded a racist. It is fine to vote for UKIP; just because you have right-wing ideologies doesn't make you a racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do not particularly like UKIP, but they are not a racist party.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Farage is xenophobic and/or racist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Messiah Complex)
    Do you think Farage is xenophobic and/or racist?
    Xenophobic yes, racist probably.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-30370570

If the man stubs his toe on his door then he'll probably blame it on the Romanians.

(Original post by 10001)
    You've been influenced by the anti-UKIP media; actually they are not racist at all. I'm sure some members are, but I'm sure all parties have some racists. It's only the UKIP ones that are unfairly picked out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone is influenced by the media, it's impossible not to be in this day and age.

ReputationRep:
    Where is your evidence? Have you actually heard any of his speeches/read the UKIP manifesto? Or are you just basing this on what the papers and other party leaders say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As a party is not racist or xenophobic, and wanting stricter immigration controls does not itself make someone a racist. But it certainly attracts quite a few members who have racist views.

The claims that UKIP as a party is racist are ridiculous. The claims about racism among members are not.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-30370570

If the man stubs his toe on his door then he'll probably blame it on the Romanians.

Everyone is influenced by the media, it's impossible not to be in this day and age.
    This is a big problem a lot of Britons have. You think he is racist because he is critical of immigration. If you are against immigration, it doesn't make you racist!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10001)
    Where is your evidence? Have you actually heard any of his speeches/read the UKIP manifesto? Or are you just basing this on what the papers and other party leaders say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've read parts of their manifesto's (UKIP have completley washed their hands of their 2010 manifesto however, Farage claims never to have read it and calls it a load of nonsense), I've listened to his speeches, I've watched multiple interviews with various UKIP representatives.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they are racist but they definitely are trying to get the vote of racists. He obviously doesn't understand or care about the fact that the UK birth rate is far too low for immigration to be cut without being suicidal to the country.

ReputationRep:
    I've read parts of their manifesto's (UKIP have completley washed their hands of their 2010 manifesto however, Farage claims never to have read it and calls it a load of nonsense), I've listened to his speeches, I've watched multiple interviews with various UKIP representatives.
    You think if you want to reduce immigration you are racist. Wanting to reduce immigration doesn't make you a racist. You are mixing them up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Will you please tell him and provide evidence? You have provided none to back up your viewpoints of him on a PUBLIC forum. As far as I can see you've defamed him. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10001)
    This is a big problem a lot of Britons have. You think he is racist because he is critical of immigration. If you are against immigration, it doesn't make you racist!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I personally have never had the problem of Bulgarians holding me up on the M4 and preventing me from getting to places, have you? And it's not that he's against immigration, it's that he blames immigrants for every single one of societies ills, every single one of them. Moreover it's paticular groups of immigrants places blame on, it's not the nice Germans (like his wife and kids), or the Irish, or the Danes, everything is the fault of the Poles, or the Romanians, or the Bulgarians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Messiah Complex)
    Will you please tell him and provide evidence? You have provided none to back up your viewpoints of him on a PUBLIC forum. As far as I can see you've defamed him. Well done.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27459923
    http://www.channel4.com/news/nigel-f...racism-fascism
    http://www.lbc.co.uk/farage-places-f...comments-90679

ReputationRep:
    What he said wasn't racist or xenophobic. It is backed up by statistics provided by London Met. Try again.

http://news.sky.com/story/1263755/ed...s-not-a-racist

Even Red Ed knows better than to go making such claims about people. Is Farage provocative in language? Definitely. A lot of politicians are.

ReputationRep:
    Nigel Farage defends use of word 'Chinky'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...rd-chinky.html

Bonus: "disgusting poofters"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10001)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes it does being against immigration means you want to put your rights before those races who want to get into the country therefore racism.People from different races other than White came here through immigration, immigration is the creator of a multicultural and multiracial society those who are against immigration are against this and thus racist.

A non-racist person would see that everyone who wants to come here has an equal right to come here as anyone else has to stay here, after all you can't use the excuse you were born here because that is based on luck forced emigration is as bad as stopping people immigrating.

Have you seen some of UKIPs policies putting British people first and those whose grandparents lived here first therefore pretty much discriminating against all ethnic minorities as they emigrated during that period.

"Prioritise social housing for people whose parents and grandparents were born locally."source:http://www.ukip.org/issues

I think maybe the point people are trying to make with UKIP is that they are not really that much more racist than other parties after all some of the policies against immigrants currently in place and proposed(not by UKIP) are very racist.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.