Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm in my second year at Leeds Uni and I think one of the exams I've just done went really badly. It was worth 50% of the module so what I want to know is, if I fail my exam (say I get 30%), would that count as 0 for that exam and my module mark would just be what I got from the other 50% or would it count as 30% from this and then whatever I got from the other 50%?

I apologise if that doesn't make sense -stressing out a bit here!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by asdfghjklEllie)
    Hi,

I'm in my second year at Leeds Uni and I think one of the exams I've just done went really badly. It was worth 50% of the module so what I want to know is, if I fail my exam (say I get 30%), would that count as 0 for that exam and my module mark would just be what I got from the other 50% or would it count as 30% from this and then whatever I got from the other 50%?

I apologise if that doesn't make sense -stressing out a bit here!
    From my understanding, what you need to get OVERALL in the module is above 40% because if you get above 40 then you achieve 20 credits. To progress onto your third year, you need to gain 100 out of 120 credits (so basically, pass 5 out of 6 modules with each module being worth 20 credits). Let's say, for example, the assessment of the module is split 50/50 between one essay and one exam. In the essay you got 60% and in the exam you got 30% (so failed, basically), your average grade for the module is 45% which means you still gain the 20 credits.

I hope that helps? This is to my understanding, just drop an email to your tutor or something!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.