Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone used a journal before? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What did you use it for? Just to write your daily thoughts? Or anything else?

My uncle has given me one and I'm trying to figure out what I wanna use it for. Need some ideas

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    lucid dreaming crew checking in, i have a dream journal
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I write down my feelings, what happens each day, dreams, stories- it's really fun looking at all the stuff you've written years later!

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough I decided to start keeping a diary this year. I even made a thread asking if anyone else had ever kept one or is currently keeping one, it got quite a few responses.

I just write down any notable things that happened, what I was feeling like, what I was thinking about that day, etc. Whatever I find worth writing about really, it can be anything. One day it's about feeling lonely, the next it's my thoughts about Chad sending troops to fight Boko Haram which was in the news that day. I've written down a few dreams that I had the night before as well.

It'll probably be interesting to read through again years later. Imagine being in your 30s and reading what was going on on a specific day all those years ago. That's one of the reasons I started one, to read through it in the future and get nostalgic.

ReputationRep:
    My mum made me keep a diary when I was younger then she would mark my entries after I wrote it lol She'd ask me to write a page a day. Once I wrote "Today I watched a film. It was very very very very very (about 50 times) ..good!". To fill the page. She wasn't impressed...

ReputationRep:
    I have a journal. Well, 2 to be exact. Both are for recipes - I have one where I put the rough version down/ recipes I want to try and then when I've perfected a recipe, it goes into the 'good' book.

It's like the only area of my life that is anywhere near organised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    I write down my feelings, what happens each day, dreams, stories- it's really fun looking at all the stuff you've written years later!
    I think i'm gonna use it for that, really. Just anything that I think is interesting I shall put it down.

Do you guys keep your journal's private or do you not mind if your family see it?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    I think i'm gonna use it for that, really. Just anything that I think is interesting I shall put it down.

Do you guys keep your journal's private or do you not mind if your family see it?
    I keep a journal on my desk, and to be honest, some of the stuff I write is so whacky and fantastical I don't think they'd understand it! I prefer keeping it private though, just in case I feel like writing about relationships or personal worries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    I keep a journal on my desk, and to be honest, some of the stuff I write is so whacky and fantastical I don't think they'd understand it! I prefer keeping it private though, just in case I feel like writing about relationships or personal worries.
    Yeah, im gonna try and make sure that no-one in my family reads it.

ReputationRep:
    I have been keeping a digital journal for the past four years, helps me put my thoughts and feelings into perspective. I write in it as often as I need to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.