Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so my friend seemed to have thought that i have feelings for a girl in my sixth form.He whatsapped before school telling her i liked her and when she came to school today he tried to goad me into admitting that i liked her after i denied liking her in that way.Sincw then i was the topic of conversation today at school and somehow most of the people i talked to thought that i liked her.I personally think she is a good friend and is fairly pretty but i dont want a relationship at the moent due to alevels.I know that she has a thing for another guy but she was acting strange saying stuff like "are you nervous?"

.I managed to get my own back on my friend by removing his chair making him drop simce i dont like it when people try to matchmake...what can i do inorder to make sure friendship with her is still intact?

ReputationRep:
    Just be open with how you feel and put an end to the rumors

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    my friend is in a similar situation except our so called "friend" told a girl that my friend and her should get together,the girl stopped smiling when this was said and she said "well this is awkward" and walked away.What should my friend do? He doesnt like the girl(he told me) and my friend has basically sold this girl dreams.He told me that he hopes that he can apologise to her for our friends behaviour but he hasnt talked to her since the incident today...My friend has never said that he liked her or anything like that so what should he do?

ReputationRep:
    Just say to the girl "my friend got the wrong impression and thought I had feelings for you. I don't, I just see you as a good friend, sorry for the confusion".

Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Just say to the girl "my friend got the wrong impression and thought I had feelings for you, I don't I just see you as a good friend, sorry for the confusion".

Problem solved.
    are you talking about me or my friend because as for my first post the girl in question gets that we are just really good friends so its all ok but my friend on the other hand...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    are you talking about me or my friend because as for my first post the girl in question gets that we are just really good friends so its all ok but my friend on the other hand...
    He can just do the exact same thing, say to the girl "I don't know what my friend was on about I just see you as a friend, sorry if he made you uncomfortable".

And once again problem solved. I genuinely don't understand what's so hard about that, a bit of communication goes a long way.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.