Anxiety/Depression on Rigevidon Birth Control Pill Watch

Em1208
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mp1507)
This is the same for me, been about 4 months and I snap and my boyfriend and cause petty disagreements and then say sorry but I don't even understand how half of them start because of my moods, I cry at everything, I've lost concentration and focus in college and my grades and understanding after affected and I don't want this to get worse as it's not like me, has anyone changed the pill or can advise what to do?
My doctor just told me to come straight off it. I'm not taking any pill right now so have to be careful, but honestly it's worth it. I feel a little better, still nowhere near back to myself, but for the sake of your mental health it's best to either come off it or change.
loorenislame
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello, I'm on the exact same pill and the same as happened to me! Extreme feelings of depression and anxiety a lot, you're not alone! I tried to go doctors but got no help, hope they can help you too xx
Carall
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm so glad it's not just me! I've been on it for about 2 years now and wish I'd been to the docs sooner, just never noticed how I've slowly got worse over time, was even worse on microgynon though! Has anyone changed from rigevidon to a different pill that's helped? I'm at the docs to hopefully change in a few weeks and trying to research some before I go so I don't end up with another like this!
Emilykelly17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Has anyone else who's been on this pill also stopped taking the pill all together and had a break from it but feel no better and feel as though it isn't changing how you feel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
chickennuggt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi , I started on microgynon and I was fine for the first few months and then they decided to change me over to Rigevidon because it is cheaper.
Even though Microgynon and Rigevidon are meant to be exactly the same I noticed extreme differences when I was on Rigevidon. I felt extremely down, lost concentration and things that didnt usually bother me forced me to tears. After one cycle of the tablets I decided to change back to Microgynon and I'm not noticing much of a difference.
I am definitely not as bad as I was but im still not back to normal. I am considering whether to try another pill or form of contraception so if anyone could give me some info on others then it would be much appreciated.
Anonymous #4
Report 2 years ago
For balance, I've been on Rigevidon for years and had zero problems. In fact I came off it for a few months when I was ill and had to stay in bed (to reduce risk of blood clots while I was unable to move much) and my skin started breaking out in spots consistently. Once I was better and started taking the pill again, after a lag of about 6 weeks my skin was healthy again. I have had a period of serious anxiety/depression whilst on the pill, but it's completely gone away now and I've never felt better. I've switched between a couple in the last year and never noticed any differences to my physical or mental health.

It's so difficult to determine whether a period of psychological distress is related to the pill. Being worried that it WILL make you depressed is a sure-fire way to get anxious and depressed. I went through a period where I was convinced my vitamins were causing me to become anxious/depressed, but it turned out to be unrelated. I made myself anxious, and it just happened to coincide with taking a certain tablet, and it seemed like an easy explanation. Unfortunately it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. You think something will make you anxious (especially if you come on a forum like this and hear stories), so when you take it you get anxious! OR equally likely, you notice your mood more than you otherwise would have done - ie becoming hypervigilant. That's not to say that mood disturbances on the pill don't happen, but they are very rare and I would be careful of blaming the pill when there may be other underlying causes that need addressing instead.
docseller
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
get a doctor
Mel949494
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I went on rigevidon in janaury and the first month i was fine. But recently i have felt terrible constantly, again like eveyone is saying nervous, paranoid and always on edge. Stopped taking it this morning as no longer can feel like this everyday and have myself a doctors app in two weeks
Also did anyone feel a lot worse when they drank alcohol? Dunno if its just what im going through personally or related to this awful pill?

Thanks guys
Emilykelly17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey I completely stopped taking the pill just over 4 months ago now and I'm still not feeling any better but I don't think that changing pills or anything straight away will make it better it might just make it worse because of all the different hormones and that in your body x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mistrey
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've been getting this really bad lately, I've only been takin it for a week now, and my mood swings agenist my boyfriend is horrible.. I've never been worried about him going out with his mates or anything, but lately I've been worried, but I also suffer with depression and a lot more (won't go into detail) I'm actually the Same I'm a chilled person and wouldn't cry at anything unless it was family, but everything I see makes me cry a lot.. still thinking it's the pill
Kay81
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ive been taking them for a couple of weeks and i feel dreadful, I can't remember feeling as emotional as I do at the moment, crying for hours on end. I am going to come off them and opt for the coil instead but I'm going take them up until my next period so that I'm not put too out of sync.
Geogeo1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is the exact same with me, you've described exactly the emotions I experienced when on this pill so I assume that this was the reason for the horrendous mood swings and thoughts, I decided to stay off the pill after this because it really affected my every day life and I just haven't attempted to search for another one yet.
Darcymae 99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What did they prescribe as an alternative and did the side-effects improve? I'm in my first year at uni and am experiencing the exact same and cannot deal with it anymore. I've just started my second month as my friends say it takes three months to sort things out but I really don't know what to do.
Darcymae 99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aabillie)
I am so happy i found this thread. I have been on it for about 2 years and feel anxious and over stressed constantly. I am always having negative thoughts but have always tried to just brush it aside, not even considering the pill as an answer as to why i feel this way!! Can anyone recommend which pill is best for getting rid of these thoughts/panic attacks and meltdowns? Or is it always going to be like that no matter what pill you're on?
Hello I was wondering if you ever found out the answer to this question? Rigevidon is driving me crazy and I am really not myslef
Darcymae 99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mel949494)
I went on rigevidon in janaury and the first month i was fine. But recently i have felt terrible constantly, again like eveyone is saying nervous, paranoid and always on edge. Stopped taking it this morning as no longer can feel like this everyday and have myself a doctors app in two weeks
Also did anyone feel a lot worse when they drank alcohol? Dunno if its just what im going through personally or related to this awful pill?

Thanks guys
How are things going for you now?
Devify
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Darcymae 99)
What did they prescribe as an alternative and did the side-effects improve? I'm in my first year at uni and am experiencing the exact same and cannot deal with it anymore. I've just started my second month as my friends say it takes three months to sort things out but I really don't know what to do.
Most people here were on Microgynon with no side effects before being switched to Rigevidon being told that they're totally same. So microgynon may be a good one to try. I do suggest you go back to your GP and request to be changed to a different pill. You can also buy them from places like Superdrug pharmacy but you'll have to pay for those.
Anonymous #5
Report 1 year ago
Reading his has helped so much.
- constant paranoid thoughts( mostly regarding by boyfriend)
-trust issues(regarding boyfriends loyalty)
- over emotional all the time ( crying at things such as tv adverts and when my boyf goes home for the night)
-violent mood swings( so angry but then happy the next)
All of which I thought was just me. I knew something wasn’t right. I only looked it up because it was getting so bad I was pushing my boyfriend away. So happy I’ve read this. Made me feel so much better that others are experiencing it aswell

can’t wait to change my pill!
katie1123333
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i have been on rigevidon for about 2 years now. the last year i have been feeling awful with mad mood swings and getting angry over the smallest of things with no patience, it also makes you over think everything and have anxiety and feel lonely even when you’re with your friends or even boyfriend and when you are on your own your feel so down.

has anyone else had better luck with other pills?
RebeccaG2014
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have just started taken into the first week and it's making me so sad and I can't control my tears. I'm also in a long distance relationship which dosn't help.
Jenny Dow
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I started taking Rigevidon about a month ago and experiencing all the same symptoms! I feel like a ticking time bomb- one minute I am shouting at everyone and everything and the next I am in tears over the slightest thing going. My husband works offshore and I have been having paranoia about everything he is doing out there and believe me there is not much to do out there but reacting when he said he has to go off his FaceTime and me taking it he doesn’t want to talk to me then loosing it with him! I totally believe it’s this pill as never experienced anything like this till I started on this pill. Defo coming off of it before everyone gets fed up of me either shouting or crying!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (38)
15.64%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (17)
7%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
7%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (27)