Anxiety/Depression on Rigevidon Birth Control Pill Watch

Sarahpratt1707
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How long after stopping the pill did you feel back to normal ?
Jenny Dow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was off that pill for about 5-7 days when I started to feel better but I was only on the pill for a month so depends on how long it has been in your body
Chloe CY
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi i also took Regevidon for 2 years . I also suffered terrible mood swings and get very emotional when i almost reached to end of pill pack. I never thought of pill could cause such symptoms to me until i realised i had been crying terribly at the same time of the month. So i go read further about the pill and decided to come off of it for a month. Seriously i feel much better and no more terrible mood swings during period. And i am confirmed that regevidon could cause mood swing, paranoid and anxiety etc.
Sarahcdix
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh my goodness my 15 year old daughter takes rigevidon and she suffers anxiety, depression, anger and moodiness. She came off it one month prior to spinal surgery and has just gone back on two weeks ago. While she was off the pilll she underwent major spinal surgery and went through a very painful recovery of which she coped amazingly with no anixiety, mood swings or anger. She was composed, positive and strong. Since she’s back on the pill she is angry, hits out at me, negative and suffers anxiety! I’m going to take her to the doctors because it must me the pill she is taking. I don’t links seeing her suicidal
Darcymae 99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had the exact same effects! I went to my gp and explained and she switched me to one called Yasmin and im not emotional at all! It has also helped my skin which is a bonus. They don’t really like prescribing this as it’s more expensive to manufacture but if you ask for it they tend do write you one for it! Hope this helps!!
lpaigek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been taking Rigevidon for three months now, I started it a month after my boyfriend and I got together. I've never been on any birth control before, and what I found was within a week or so, I was experiencing pretty violent mood swings. I would cry at pretty much anything, totally unlike me, since I'm quite a chilled person generally.

That was just at first, it got worse. It then turned into these endless cycles of paranoid thoughts, mostly directed towards my poor boyfriend (e.g. getting worried about his loyalty to me when he did something as little as choose to spend the evening with his friends, stuff that wouldn't bother me before.) I originally brushed it off as just me over-thinking the early stages of a relationship, since I do occasionally have a tendency to worry about things, but not nearly to this extent (e.g. sitting there crying hysterically one night when he said he was busy and couldn't stay over.)

I'm pretty sure this pill is to blame. Before I started taking it, everything was fine - no paranoia and no anxiety until I started taking this pill.

tl;dr - this pill is making me crazy. What I want to know is if anyone else has experienced this same thing on Rigevidon or any other pill?

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to see if I can get another pill. I know most of the have the same hormone levels and that depression/anxiety hasn't been scientifically linked to them, but I know what it's made me feel since starting it.

Thanks!

X
Ahh I was the exact same on Rigevidon! It’s all about trial and error with the pill tbh. But I found Rigevidon and Microgynon were the worst for me. I went to the doctor and said Rigevidon was making me suicidal and he actually thought I was being overdramatic- I wasn’t! They managed to change me and I’ve been on Lucette since about April last year and it balances out my hormones perfectly, I actually find my mental health is worse when I DON’T take Lucette, it’s perfect for me. Hope you find something that works for you!
bellabella1208
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am in the same situation. What pill did you go to next and what pill are you on (if at all) now? I hated being on Rigevidon and have been much happier since being off it but I went to the doctors this morning and they have given me a lower dosage pill. I have the prescription for Triadene but I don't know if I want to cash it in and get the tablets or not!
bellabella1208
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lpaigek)
Ahh I was the exact same on Rigevidon! It’s all about trial and error with the pill tbh. But I found Rigevidon and Microgynon were the worst for me. I went to the doctor and said Rigevidon was making me suicidal and he actually thought I was being overdramatic- I wasn’t! They managed to change me and I’ve been on Lucette since about April last year and it balances out my hormones perfectly, I actually find my mental health is worse when I DON’T take Lucette, it’s perfect for me. Hope you find something that works for you!
Hi! I just had a similar experience, I broke down in tears at my doctors explaining about how I felt and she just said "we only have 10 minutes" and asked me to hurry up and make a decision of what I want to do! I hated being on Rigevidon and have been much happier since being off it but the doctor has now given me a lower dosage pill. I have the prescription for Triadene but I don't know if I want to cash it in and get the tablets or not! Have you tried this one? x
Phoebe_a_x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've been on and off it for 3 years. I stopped taking in in January this year (2018) and immediately stopped feeling depressed, anxious, suicidal and angry at everything constantly. I began to suspect the link then but a couple of weeks ago I started it again, the mood swings have hit me like a bus, I spend most of my time sat in bed staring at the wall because I can't face leaving my room and I'm pretty sure my boyfriend is too scared to come talk to me anymore. This time I'm certain it's because of this pill and I'll be stopping it as soon as I can.
beth.hugs1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was on microgynon and then rigevidon for about 4 months but it had such a negative effect on my mood I had to come off it, and I certainly noticed an improvement in my mood and overall vitality. When I first started with microgynon I had 1 really really painful period as well. Having come off it my mood is so much better, the only negative effect is my skin is a little worse.
Kerry86
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Plz can someone help I have been on this pill for 7months an this week has been the worst feeling suicidal crying an so low I am so scared I have stopped taking this pill now been the doctors an they just said stop taking but I feel I can't even work an don't want to be on my own
beth.hugs11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bellabella1208)
I am in the same situation. What pill did you go to next and what pill are you on (if at all) now? I hated being on Rigevidon and have been much happier since being off it but I went to the doctors this morning and they have given me a lower dosage pill. I have the prescription for Triadene but I don't know if I want to cash it in and get the tablets or not!
I came off the pill completely and really felt the benefits and although I have had a bit more acne than before and need to use alternative contraception it's so much better off the pill. I'm glad other people had similar experiences, I thought that perhaps I was so strongly affected because I am very small and the amount of hormones I was given overwhelmed my system a bit. I have held on to the rigevidon I had left over which is about 6 months worth in case I ever want to go on it again, but I doubt it. Maybe a different type of pill will work better for you?
Kerry86
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Am not on anything at the moment how long does it take for pill to get out of your body an feel better
lpaigek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bellabella1208)
Hi! I just had a similar experience, I broke down in tears at my doctors explaining about how I felt and she just said "we only have 10 minutes" and asked me to hurry up and make a decision of what I want to do! I hated being on Rigevidon and have been much happier since being off it but the doctor has now given me a lower dosage pill. I have the prescription for Triadene but I don't know if I want to cash it in and get the tablets or not! Have you tried this one? x
Oh my goodness, that’s so rude of her!! No I haven’t heard of that one actually, I’m on Lucette now and I love it! X
kkbansal
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have had the exact same problem, i have been on Rigevidon for a few months now and since being on it i am always sad or crying over stupid things. I have really bad mood swings and get really angry towards my boyfriend, it got so bad that it nearly ended us. I wouldn't recommend this pill to anybody as it turns you into someone you are not. I was always angry, crying, upset and paranoid.
beth.hugs1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kerry86)
Plz can someone help I have been on this pill for 7months an this week has been the worst feeling suicidal crying an so low I am so scared I have stopped taking this pill now been the doctors an they just said stop taking but I feel I can't even work an don't want to be on my own
Don't worry, I'm sure it will get better! When I came off the pill it was a gradual improvement which i didn't really notice until I looked back on how far I'd come. You're not alone, some many other people are going through similar effects. If you really don't feel any improvement after a month or so, perhaps it would be worth making a doctors appointment to see if there's anything else going on. I hope you feel better soon xx
Anonymous120118
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have been on the rigevidon pill for almost 3/4 months now. I feel anxious towards my relationship and other things which have no explanation for. I never feel happy, never feel like I can laugh like I could before. When I do have a good time I force a smile and I feel overly depressed. I’m 15 and I’m stopping taking it tonight to see how I feel from then on. I’ve been so scared I’ll finish my boyfriend due to how horrible I feel and that’s the last thing I want
maratix
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
if you white and your boy freind white then born baby(child).
ellieABC
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve been on the pill for like 9 months and the past few months I’ve been having like major mood swings but only on the pill-free break ? Is this just like normal cos it’s like a period or ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
emilyhull1994
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I’ve been on this pill for 7 years with no problems. However, I am now suffering from depression, anxiety and nausea constantly. I’ve never had anxiety before and now I can barely leave the house. How long will it take the get out of my system after taking it for seven years?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.99%
No I am happy with my course choice (400)
57.06%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed