Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    I am really not enjoying my course at all. I've never been so anxious and depressed in my entire life. I can't sleep or eat because I'm so stressed with it. I want to switch to History at the start of next year but it's oversubscribed and it's passed the UCAS deadline so I don't know what to do. If I drop out then I'll have to take another gap year (I already did one after A-levels) and so I'll be 24 by the time I graduate. All my friends from sixth form will have graduated at 21 and I would have wasted the past three years. I love the uni itself and the location, and the thought of having to go back home is horrible. I'm going to see a counsellor next week but I don't know what they'll do. I wish I could just enjoy this course and get on with it. I really don't know what to do, advice?

    Speak to your personal tutor (or whatever they call them at your university). No universities want students to drop out so you just need to find someone who can help you switch courses to something you like more. Otherwise I would suggest doing lots of other things in the meantime and doing enough to scrape by in your degree until you feel more positive and can make an informed decision about what to do.

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2015
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.