The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Worcester University Primary Ed Interview help!

Hi, I'm going to an interview for the primary education course at worcester uni in two weeks and I am really struggling in what I should say for my individual interview, does anyone have any ideas, tips or maybe able to help?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Is this for the primary PGCE? I'm in the course at the moment and would gladly answer any questions you have about the interview process.
Nicola
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Reply 2
Original post by nboswell
Is this for the primary PGCE? I'm in the course at the moment and would gladly answer any questions you have about the interview process.
Nicola

This is for undergraduate primary education :smile:
Hi ive got my interview for primary education on the 25th of feb and looking for some help!!!
Reply 4
PGCE or undergrad?
Undergraduate:smile:
Reply 6
Ok, I'm on the PGCE so it might be different to the undergrad but I'll give you some tips. They are looking for people who really know what the are getting into, so be aware of the long hours planning and marking not just the fun classroom stuff. Have an opinion an some educational matters at the moment, like teachers working hours, pensions, constant changes to the curriculum. They might ask what do you think makes a good teacher so think about that (you can even google that for some ideas!). They may ask about a teacher that inspired you or why do you want to teach. Like I said, they want someone who knows how challenging it is, that you have thought it through and you can cope with the course. They aren't expecting you to know everything already as that's why you need to do the course in the first place. Just that you know what's involved and that you have a genuine care and interest in children. If you have any relevant experience with children make sure you drop that in as often as you can, bring your own experiences into it.
Hope that helps
Reply 7
Original post by Abbieeclare
Hi ive got my interview for primary education on the 25th of feb and looking for some help!!!

Hi, I had my undergraduate interview a few weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised at how relaxed it was! Everyone was so lovely there and so welcoming! The written test I think is to just test your handwriting, grammer, puncuation etc, so don't overthink it. I can't remember the exact question I got but it was something along the lines of what skills we have that would make a good teacher.

For the group presentation, my advice would be to ensure that you are keeping eye contact with everyone not just the interviewers as in my interview they said they liked that! Also ensure that you are aware of educational issues that are occurring, I would say that 90% of my individual interview was based on educational issues so make sure you know them enough to speak about them!

Good luck and feel free to message me if you want to know any more! :smile:

Shazmin
Reply 8
Original post by coolshazi
Hi, I'm going to an interview for the primary education course at worcester uni in two weeks and I am really struggling in what I should say for my individual interview, does anyone have any ideas, tips or maybe able to help?

Thanks!

I got an interview for Worcester last month also. How did it go?! Did you get an offer?!
Reply 9
Original post by Abbieeclare

How was it?! X
Have any of you had an interview for primary education at OXFORD brookes?
Original post by coolshazi
Hi, I had my undergraduate interview a few weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised at how relaxed it was! Everyone was so lovely there and so welcoming! The written test I think is to just test your handwriting, grammer, puncuation etc, so don't overthink it. I can't remember the exact question I got but it was something along the lines of what skills we have that would make a good teacher.

For the group presentation, my advice would be to ensure that you are keeping eye contact with everyone not just the interviewers as in my interview they said they liked that! Also ensure that you are aware of educational issues that are occurring, I would say that 90% of my individual interview was based on educational issues so make sure you know them enough to speak about them!

Good luck and feel free to message me if you want to know any more! :smile:

Shazmin

Hello, I know you posted this a while ago but I have an interview soon and am just wondering what is the group presentation ? x
thank you
I want to study pharmacy in uk please tell me if I take admission there Then I can job while studying in university ? And can submit my fees andaccommodation and food ?

Quick Reply

Latest