Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can't seem to get 100% no matter what, I'm always hovering between 85-95% watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyway I'm doing MEI maths and further maths at the moment. I find all the concepts are very basic and easy to grasp, and I can answer just about any question I see in a past paper. Problem is, when I find myself getting through a whole past paper, my concentration always breaks down at some part through the papers at some point no matter what and I start doing really stupid things like forgetting the +C at the end of an indefinite integral or only giving the x-coordinate when a question asks me to state the coordinates. As a result, I feel like I'm performing quite poorly given how easy the papers are. What can I do to fix this problem?

As a result, about 20% of the time I don't cross that 90% bound on any given paper and hover between 85-90%. I think I'm at risk of missing out on that A* that I desperately need, but if the UMS gets shifted up from the actual percent I think I would be less at risk. For what modules does UMS get shifted up, or for no modules at all?

I'm doing as many past papers as I can at the moment. It's helping a bit, but I feel like progress is slow.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HLN_Radium)
    patience and practice

slow down during exams as it is easier not to make a mistake in the first place rather than going fast make mistakes and try to find them

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.