Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've been given an offer at UWE to study physiotherapy starting this september. Ive been looking at the accomodation choices and I'm unsure whether to go for Glenside or The Hollies, could anyone advise me on this? Do you live in one of these? Why did you choose it and whats the difference?

Much Thanks JenaLouise

ReputationRep:
    Hey I lived at Glenside in my first year, personally I would say Glenside over the Hollies as they try to put you in a flat with people from your course which is good when it comes to lectures and all that. None of the flats are ensuite but they're pretty spacious I must say. I chose Glenside cause it's really nice, the environment and scenery is really nice and you get to meet other people from other courses which is nice to have a diverse group of friends tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Jena,

I lived in the Hollies for 2 years (one being a student warden) before moving on. While Lea points out they try and put you with others from your course, this isn't' always the case, if you really want to be with others from your course, then do make sure you put it in your application. Or if you've already sent it off, then email accommodation, they will be able to help you out.

-Cawkii

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.