Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Four friends, Abbi, Bemo, Celia and Dan were in a pub in January 2001 when Ellie, whom they had just met, persuaded them to join up with her in buying Megallions lottery tickets every Friday. Having decided on “the 5 Luckiest” as their name, they agreed that one of them would buy a ticket every week and that this role would be rotated in alphabetical order. It would be up to the person buying the ticket to select any numbers to play for. At 11p.m. on 27 July 2014, a ticket Ellie bought won £10 million in the Megallions lottery. The result was announced at 11.30p.m. on that day.

(c) Bemo emailed Ellie at 10.55 p.m. on 27 July 2014 informing her of his withdrawal from the 5 Luckiest. Bemo sent Ellie a second email at 11.01 p.m. telling her to ignore my last email”. Ellie checked and read both emails at 10a.m. on 28 July 2014.

I have to dicuss the legal position of the parties. But I have no idea what to do with this question. I tried to look at intentions to create legal relations, agreements, cancelation by consideration.

heeeeeeeeelp

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've moved your thread to the Law Study Help Sub-forum, as you're more likely to get answers to study related questions here.

ReputationRep:
    Although I don't study law, would it not be useful to know when the winning ticket was purchased?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.