Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    To teach at a sixth form college would i need to do a maths degree and then a year of teacher training or are there any courses that do it all in one?
    Also is anyone currently a maths teacher at a secondary school unable to do sixth form and regretting not having the option? Because i'm unsure as to whether to do a degree and a year training or not.
    Thanks!!!!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by coransharp)
    Hi
    To teach at a sixth form college would i need to do a maths degree and then a year of teacher training or are there any courses that do it all in one?
    Also is anyone currently a maths teacher at a secondary school unable to do sixth form and regretting not having the option? Because i'm unsure as to whether to do a degree and a year training or not.
    Thanks!!!!
    Hi - this subforum is mainly about questions to do with individual Maths degrees or maths as a component of joint honours.

If your question is really about teaching as a career then you'll probably get more responses posting in the Education and Training subforum

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've moved your thread to the Education and Teaching Sub-forum, as you're more likely to get useful responses here.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.