chloelilyegan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am so worried that I'm not going to get an A in History after my teacher said it's really easy to unexpectedly fail at A2 but it is imperative that I get an A as both my firm and insurance require it. I was only one mark off an overall A at AS which really bugs me, but I'm resitting the Italy and Germany paper to improve my grade. Is it feasible for me to get a good A if I work hard enough?

Does anyone have any tips or advice when it comes to revising or the coursework?

I'm doing the Kaiser to Fuhrer paper and the Making of Modern Russia for the coursework on the 1905 revolution yadda yadda

PLEASE HELP ME
Ibrahim_AZ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can Say just revise each topic everyday so you can not forget ... Try to revise day to day but different topics... Also make a revision timetable( it was really helped me during AS exams )

And cup of hot coffee ...

Good LUCK!
HisMathsAndPhys
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, If you're resitting unit 1 and 2 and doing unit 3 all this year you will struggle. I recommend putting all your effort in unit 3 revision and getting an A* on course work so all you need is a B in the paper to get an A.
Revision tips: Master the controversies, practise each controversy as you learn them. Then it's going through your A2 history book (From Kaiser to Fuhrer) and at the end of every chapter summarise the key debate question onto one or two pages, or even write an exam styled conclusion.

The hardest part isn't the facts ,dates or even nuances and source evaluation. It's time and how to deal with exam pressure. Write essays giving yourself time to revise the question but when you write your answer you do it with pen and paper in 2 hours. As the exam comes up April-June do blind exam practice, you don't know what the question is, these grades will reflect your true ability.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
61.31%
No (65)
38.69%

Watched Threads