Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Emotionally draining film - Interstellar Watch

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else want to cry at this film? I find I cannot watch it again when it comes out on BluRay because I am not emotionally prepared to watch it again. It is too emotional and is a very good film, but a bit torturous to watch because I just felt upset when I was watching it. Is it normal to feel like this ? I feel like such a big girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Did anyone else want to cry at this film? I find I cannot watch it again when it comes out on BluRay because I am not emotionally prepared to watch it again. It is too emotional and is a very good film, but a bit torturous to watch because I just felt upset when I was watching it. Is it normal to feel like this ? I feel like such a big girl.
    It was emotional, but not in a sad way, I guess. It's difficult to explain. Best film ever though in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    It is sad, because things can never be the same again
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    It was a good film. I usually cry, but this one I didn't

Whenever I'm watching a movie, I try to point out mistakes so I don't cry!!

ReputationRep:
    I cried on 3 separate occasions during the film; you can't beat me

ReputationRep:
    Does it beat Titanic doe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Does it beat Titanic doe
    Mate, if I was watching that with you, I'd probably be down your throat before they even get on the damn thing.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, if I was watching that with you, I'd probably be down your throat before they even get on the damn thing.
    You sexy *******, you can lick chocolate nutella off my nips mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    You sexy *******, you can lick chocolate nutella off my nips mate.

Well, that was unexpected mate...

ReputationRep:
    I cried at The Hobbit, it's all good.

ReputationRep:
    Neither I nor the girl I watched it with found it that emotional tbh, maybe something is wrong with is :P However I was on the edge of my seat damn near the whole way through and my heart stopped on multiple occasions. A lot of people online have been saying the ending sucked but I thought it was perfect, it left me wanting more! Gonna rewatch it like a billion times when it releases

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to cry at how boring it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    I wanted to cry at how boring it was.
    You're boring.

Anyway, there was one part where thee ole chest tightened but I can't remember which.

Mcconaughey is a god

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zander01)
    You're boring.

Anyway, there was one part where thee ole chest tightened but I can't remember which.

Mcconaughey is a god
    No you are.

Yeah there were some parts which were quite good, but apart from them I found myself drifting off. Especially at the beginning.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely adored this film, and yes I wanted to cry at several points - though not through sadness. I held it back because I don't like crying in the cinema, but as soon as it's on DVD I will watch in private so I can let it all out :ninja:.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. The film was a utter disaster exemplified above all by its dichotomy of science and science fiction interwoven with stolid storytelling.

ReputationRep:
    I also recommend Paddington...
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    It was an amazing film - really good quality, and you could tell that they had put a lot of effort into it. I cried, but I didn't find myself balling like a baby. It was more a "on the edge of your seat" type of film. The music used was also incredibly effective, and really made the film was it was. The music in itself was tear inducing.

(Original post by Plastic Face)
    I disagree. The film was a utter disaster exemplified above all by its dichotomy of science and science fiction interwoven with stolid storytelling.
    I thought the film itself was very good, but I hated that they tried to do sci-fi with fictional science. I felt it would've been better being either completely scientific, or not at all scientific. It annoyed me that they tried to do both. I also hated that they used the name of NASA, but didn't use the logo. Surely if they had the rights to use the name, then they could've also easily got the rights to use the actual logo. Even a t-shirt in Primark has the official NASA logo on it. :huff:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.