Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering because i saw on their website that 2nd and 3rd years can stay on at uni accommodation?

Ive not heard of that before!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whilst 2nd and 3rd and even 4th years do stay in halls, normally the flat will be full of first year or 'returners'. Occasionally there will be a couple of first years in a returners flat just to fill up the rooms, normally people who had Lancaster as there insurance or applied through clearing.

There is plenty of accommodation at Lancaster so many 2nd/3rd/4th years stay in halls.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if my flat is the norm, but in my flat of 8 there are six first year students, one third year exchange student and for these last two terms a fourth year exchange student.

I've actually found that having a range has made uni a better experience for me, all of us were obviously new at this uni but having some people in different years having had more experience with how uni works has been quite enlightening. Having said that, the second and third years in our house that were at lancaster for all the years have pretty much stayed to themselves and are all in the same flat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgottenFaith_15)
    I don't know if my flat is the norm, but in my flat of 8 there are six first year students, one third year exchange student and for these last two terms a fourth year exchange student.

I've actually found that having a range has made uni a better experience for me, all of us were obviously new at this uni but having some people in different years having had more experience with how uni works has been quite enlightening. Having said that, the second and third years in our house that were at lancaster for all the years have pretty much stayed to themselves and are all in the same flat.
    Ah ok.. which college is that?From when i asked at the applicant day i remember our guide saying some colleges do..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hollywooddreamer)
    Ah ok.. which college is that?From when i asked at the applicant day i remember our guide saying some colleges do..
    Sorry for the late reply! I was put in Lonsdale

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.