Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do girls lead guys on ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well why ?

I see it often and its like the girl will talk to the guy end up flirting with him a lot and then she just stops and its like wtf ? Ive had it happen to me but I saw it coming as the things the girl was saying about herself seemed to good to be true but she would text and flirt with me. Then after just stopped.

My friend was talkng about this at uni and a girl kept asking him to walk her the bus station, but he said how the girl just wanted attention. But I dont get what is so good about attention from the one guy ? I understand if you have sex but its just seems the girl just want to flirt and tease the guy but no sex ??

Can someone please elaborate this concept ?

Im not generalising all girls I know a lot of girls dont do it and I could be just talking about a minority but im just talking about what ive seen and grew up with.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes girls do it without even realising and then when they realise they stop but if they're okay they carry on with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puresha)
    Sometimes girls do it without even realising and then when they realise they stop but if they're okay they carry on with it
    But what about my two examples ? Surely they knew they were flirting ? But why carry on then just stop ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Low self esteem, easy attention, assume guys are easy and they probably are. The more messed up side of it is getting a kick out of being in the powerful position to reject the move that they themselves have caused. It's stupid don't fall for it

ReputationRep:
    You can ask the exact same question the opposite way around, why do some guys lead girls on? And the answer with be the same.

It's simple, some people are *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMBCFC)
    But what about my two examples ? Surely they knew they were flirting ? But why carry on then just stop ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    she probably realised she was catching feelings and got scared off? Or maybe she's just naturally really flirty and felt like you liked her and didnt want to lead you on anymore and stopped. Girls are very confusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    You can ask the exact same question the opposite way around, why do some guys lead girls on? And the answer with be the same.

It's simple, some people are *****.
    Yes but I guarantee you in most cases if it was a guy he wouldn't lead her on for attention he would do it for sex but if he realised the girl wouldn't have sex he would leave it. Yes guys can be pricks too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puresha)
    she probably realised she was catching feelings and got scared off? Or maybe she's just naturally really flirty and felt like you liked her and didnt want to lead you on anymore and stopped. Girls are very confusing
    Could be but I agree somewhat with the other guy. I think it would be more of the act of being powerful you know girl texts the guy he comes running, girl feels good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.