Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to study Psychology at degree level, I'm currently at AS Level doing Psychology, History, English Lit and Art.
    I'm predicted 4 A's in my AS's, and I got these for GCSE:

Art: A*
    English Lit: A
    English Lang: A
    Core Science: A
    Additional Science: A
    Maths: A
    History: B
    Advanced Science: C
    Spanish: C

Although in my defence I missed my Spanish exam because I injured myself and had to go to hospital just before it, and after I took my history exam (the next day) I was told I still had too much morphine in my system and probably didn't work to my full potential - I was predicted A's/A*'s in both.

I want to go to Durham, Bath, Exeter, Nottingham or Newcastle, am I likely to get in with these grades, and seeing that I don't have biology or maths as an A level? (I might take up biology as an AS next year).

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You should check the subject requirements in the individual university websites. They may be happy with A in IGCSE Maths and Psychology as Science.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It may be a problem with 1 science. Saying that, I got into UCL with just psych but things have changed in the last 3 years since I applied.

But the uni choices seem decent, maybe pick one that's more of a backup?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.