Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    So when I was about 9 or 10 I started having periods in which I have trouble sleeping. I don't mean that I would wake up once or twice in the night, I mean that I would wake up every half hour at the least. I still get this now and because I have my GCSE's coming up I'm getting a little stressed, which makes me sleep less, which just makes me more stressed so I sleep even less and so on.
    Anyway, I can't be the only one with this problem, so does anyone have any tips on how to get a good night's sleep?
    Thanks!
    Molly :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollythec)
    Hey,
    So when I was about 9 or 10 I started having periods in which I have trouble sleeping. I don't mean that I would wake up once or twice in the night, I mean that I would wake up every half hour at the least. I still get this now and because I have my GCSE's coming up I'm getting a little stressed, which makes me sleep less, which just makes me more stressed so I sleep even less and so on.
    Anyway, I can't be the only one with this problem, so does anyone have any tips on how to get a good night's sleep?
    Thanks!
    Molly :-)
    I have had the odd period of my life where I have had bouts of insomnia and it is pretty grim.

What have you tried so far?

Things that might be worth considering are cutting out sugar and caffeine after 6pm and not having any electronic devices in the room (so don't watch TV in bed or go on your phone or laptop). Make the bedroom just for sleeping.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    What are you doing before you sleep? I find that if I run several hours before sleeping, I sleep better. Admittedly, not so much now; but that's because of the medication I'm on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.