Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    I don't know, you tell me, you could've stopped watching it since it doesn't take that long to click the cross.

The reason seemingly normal people will seek out and watch such things is the same reason (although on a somewhat different level) people will watch horror movies even though they may be scared witless. Curiosity is inherent in everyone to some degree, and what can hold more curiosity than death? To deliberately watch such a thing out of innocent curiosity does not make you sick, just human (and one might say disrespectful to the victim depending on your point of view), but to gain pleasure out of watching such a thing is clearly exhibitive of a disturbing mentality.
    stopped it, yes I could of. y i didnt? i dont know? i thought it was banned on the net and it would stop or black out when his head is been cut away from his body. I was wrong, sorry.
    i was just trying to say i would not go round the internet lookin for the video going to islamic militant sites is not something i would like to start doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kissit)
    This disturbing behaviour is never going to stop is it?!
    I cant even begin to imagine what was going through that poor mans mind or how he must have felt.
    They had a piece about it on the 11 news last night, and someone screwed up, they showed up couple of images then went to black but the audio feed kept going, I had to shut the tv off it was just so horrible. It had me in tears and ready to throw up. Needless to say I didn't sleep well last night, I couldn't stop thinking about it. What is really awful is the thought that his family was probably watching it, I can't even imagine how hard that would be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    thanks - theyve more than likely done that coz he's jewish
    No it was because he was american, and our government is partially responsible for his detainment. I hope the family sues the hell out our government for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    No it was because he was american, and our government is partially responsible for his detainment. I hope the family sues the hell out our government for this.
    What will that accomplish?

ReputationRep:
    i agree, this is almost as much bush's fault then the terrorists. I was reading something in that newspaper that made me nearly as ill, a reported asked the guy's mom is she was going to watch that tape. What kind of question is that? Digusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    i agree, this is almost as much bush's fault then the terrorists. I was reading something in that newspaper that made me nearly as ill, a reported asked the guy's mom is she was going to watch that tape. What kind of question is that? Digusting.
    Typical, they just care about the damn story, not what the family is going through.

Whitey, it' won't bring their son back, but the government needs to held accountable in some way and the family deserves some form of compensation for their loss. There's alot more to this than what you guys see over there, I'm in PA so I see the news from the family's side they have been talking about it for almost a month now, he could have been home weeks ago and he would still be alive if our government would have done their damn job.

ReputationRep:
    Blimey what's this world coming to?

ReputationRep:
    It is only partially the government's fault. Nick Berg was an extreme adventure seaker. The only part of it that is our govnt's fault is that he was detained to check whether or not he should have been in Iraq and thus missed his flight home. It is not our government's fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    It is only partially the government's fault. Nick Berg was an extreme adventure seaker. The only part of it that is our govnt's fault is that he was detained to check whether or not he should have been in Iraq and thus missed his flight home. It is not our government's fault.
    its their fault he was over there in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    its their fault he was over there in the first place.

He made the decision for himself. He was in it for the money and it bit him in the but. He owned his own bussiness so no one forced him to go. I'm not saying that what happened was right, in fact it is down right sick, but it is not right to assign blame to an undeserveing party. You can't blame everything on bush or the gov.

ReputationRep:
    He made the decision for himself. He was in it for the money and it bit him in the but. He owned his own bussiness so no one forced him to go. I'm not saying that what happened was right, in fact it is down right sick, but it is not right to assign blame to an undeserveing party. You can't blame everything on bush or the gov.
    He was a communication repairer, probably repairing or adding something the new gov needed/wanted. Also, if the US was not in control of iraq currently, it would not have been safe for him to go at all. And why was the US in control? Bush's war.

ReputationRep:
    I said partially. Look I don't want to get into this, but being that it is so close to where I live I have seen and heard a great deal about the whole situation from the beginning when he was first detained. Nick wasn't over there seeking adventure he was over there working. He was reported missing and nothing was done, from what I have heard there was a major screw up somewhere along the lines on our part. It still doesn't excuse the actions of those directly responsable, it would of been someone else had it not been Nick.

ReputationRep:
    HK news cut the part after those people(Terrorist) finish the speech

ReputationRep:
    Thread closed.

(for its general unpleasantness)

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.