Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have applied to do vet nursing and one of my choices is Edinburgh Napier, but j haven't got the 2 weeks work experience they require, I only have the 1 due to different factors and I put Napier down as a last minute decision to fill up my application and didn't really expect to get anywhere. However, I have been invited to an interview for the course and I need to take along a work experience reference, so what I'm asking is would it still be worth going even though I'm probably going to get turned down due to no work experience or just not go at all and except the fact I won't be going to Edinburgh.

If I was you I would take the evidence of the one week you have done, then state during your interview that you will get the other week in at a vet practice before the start of your course. That way you have done your best to cover there requirements and will leave it up to them to offer a place or not. Lets face it, if it was such a problem they wouldn't have invited you to an interview.
    Good luck in whatever you choose to do.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.