Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have applied to Law/French law and Law/French language at multiple unis, however just in case i don't get my expected grades i am looking for 1 year full time courses in French that i could do that will then enable me to get into uni. Does anyone know of any such courses? What the qualifications are, etc? Or any other options i would have that would involve either law or French, if not both?

Thanks !

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've applied for the Law/Law and French Law/Language too! In regards to French courses, I am going on an A-Level revision course in Rouen this coming February half-term, and I know the company I'm going with offer a whole range of courses for different levels and qualifications. Also, they host the courses in loads of cities across France and Canada, and in some more exotic French-speaking countries too I believe; there's loads of choice and there's bound to be a course suited to you.

The company is ESL Languages, and this is a link to their website homepage: https://www.esl.co.uk/en/ . I'm sure there are other companies offering similar things, just have a look around.

Can I ask where you've applied?

I hope I've been of some help to you! Best of luck with everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jobw)
    Hi,

I've applied for the Law/Law and French Law/Language too! In regards to French courses, I am going on an A-Level revision course in Rouen this coming February half-term, and I know the company I'm going with offer a whole range of courses for different levels and qualifications. Also, they host the courses in loads of cities across France and Canada, and in some more exotic French-speaking countries too I believe; there's loads of choice and there's bound to be a course suited to you.

The company is ESL Languages, and this is a link to their website homepage: https://www.esl.co.uk/en/ . I'm sure there are other companies offering similar things, just have a look around.

Can I ask where you've applied?

I hope I've been of some help to you! Best of luck with everything
    I've been looking into Easter break revision courses too in France, haven't decided on a location yet as I did a homestay last summer and the family have invited me back again for the break!
    I've apply to Queen's Belfast, Uni of Liverpool, Uni of Kent, Uni of Essex and King's College. I've had offers from all but still waiting to hear from King's!

ReputationRep:
    That's nice that they've invited you back!

Oh wow, that's amazing well done! I've only heard back from 2 of my unis- an offer from Royal Holloway for just law, and an offer from Queen Mary, again for just law.

I haven't heard back from King's either, or my other two unis, and those three unis are the ones I applied to do Law and French Law/French Language at; Bristol, Kent and King's College. Can I ask which course you applied for at Kent? I applied for Law and French Language with a year abroad (Canada) there and I'm really hoping to get an offer! When did they get back to you??

Sorry if I've asked too much!
    Thanks,
    Jo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jobw)
    That's nice that they've invited you back!

Oh wow, that's amazing well done! I've only heard back from 2 of my unis- an offer from Royal Holloway for just law, and an offer from Queen Mary, again for just law.

I haven't heard back from King's either, or my other two unis, and those three unis are the ones I applied to do Law and French Law/French Language at; Bristol, Kent and King's College. Can I ask which course you applied for at Kent? I applied for Law and French Language with a year abroad (Canada) there and I'm really hoping to get an offer! When did they get back to you??

Sorry if I've asked too much!
    Thanks,
    Jo
    I applied to the Law and French Law course at Kent, sent my application ~2nd Dec and heard from them on the 16th December, I think.
    How are you feeling about king's? Do you think you'll get an offer, I'm starting to get worried!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marycarmen77)
    I applied to the Law and French Law course at Kent, sent my application ~2nd Dec and heard from them on the 16th December, I think.
    How are you feeling about king's? Do you think you'll get an offer, I'm starting to get worried!
    Oh okay, I sent mine in November, hopefully they'll get back to me soon I am not feeling too confident about my chances with King's to be honest- their typical offer is A*AA and I'm predicted just AAA, and to add to that I didn't outstandingly in my LNAT (I got 23, so just above average). Maybe if my personal statement is absolutely amazing they'll give me a place but I doubt it's good enough. I would love to be able to do the Law and French Law course at King's though, it sounds amazing, so fingers crossed I guess! Is King's where you most want to go??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.